Regulatory Associate Director
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be an Associate Director working within the Business Restructuring (BR) Quality & Risk team, where your central role will be assisting and supporting BR Insolvency Practitioners and the wider stream in all regulatory matters.
The role is both technical and people facing. You’ll be responsible for BR regulatory matters, including ensuring the stream follows best practice, complies with regulatory requirements as well as assisting and supporting the BR Insolvency Practitioners with all aspects of regulatory inspections. You’ll report to the BR Quality & Risk Partner and will support the national BR stream. The role would suit a person who previously acted as a QAD at a RPB or other regulator or served in a similar role at another firm.
You should enjoy carrying out detailed analysis of regulations and best practice with an ability to then apply the relevant information in varied practical and complex situations. You’ll be involved in significant interaction with BR’s partners and staff and be able to assess evidence and consider different view points before reaching and communicating conclusions to a wide range of individuals, including those at a senior level within a professional practice. You’re also:
- Planning and conducting insolvency compliance reviews (ICRs)for all licensed Insolvency Practitioners annually, including raising written query sheets
- Drafting written reports to BR Quality & Risk Partner on the outcome of ICRs on an exception basis
- Analysing and recording outcomes from ICRs and external regulatory inspections for internal use
- Preparing for external regulatory inspections by ICAEW and IPA, including ensuring access to electronic and hard-copy files and acting as a first point of contact with inspectors in arranging visits and forwarding case queries, etc.
- Supporting Insolvency Practitioners throughout regulatory inspections, including working with Insolvency Practitioners to ensure timely responses to queries and responses to closing minutes where appropriate, in association with BR Quality & Risk Partner
- Assisting in implementing findings or recommendations following ICRs or regulatory inspections into stream policies and procedures and otherwise assisting with development and drafting of stream policies relating to regulatory matters
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (ICAEW/ ACCA/JIEB/solicitor/barrister) with relevant experience in a similar position, either at another firm or at an RPB or other regulatory body.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Willingness to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to create productive relationships across BR and the firm.
- Ability to work constructively with stakeholders of all levels
- A conscientious and thorough approach with strong attention to detail.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Highly motivated with a desire to seek new ways of improving our service to our ‘internal clients’.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- Discretionary bonus;
- private medical insurance;
- cash benefits allowance;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates, but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.