Based at our Head Office in Enderby, Leicestershire the Treasury sits within the wider Finance department and is made up of our Group Treasurer, Deputy Treasurer and 2 Treasury Analysts. We are a busy team who are responsible for the management of financial risks across the business including cash and foreign exchange.
About the Role
Reporting to the Group Treasurer, you’ll work within our small but fast-paced Treasury team helping to manage the day to day cash positions and borrowings for the Group whilst also monitoring counterparty exposures.
As well as developing, maintaining and forecasting cash position reports, you’ll generate weekly FX reports for review by our Treasury Committee. You will also deal with foreign exchange while accurately recording transactions in our Treasury Management System.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has some experience in a Treasury or Financial services environment and is looking for their next step within a FTSE 100 company OR perhaps for someone wanting to kick-start a career in Treasury. We are looking for someone who has very strong analytical skills, ideally with a relevant degree or equivalent qualification along with a positive, motivated attitude and excellent communication skills.
In reward we offer excellent benefits and with this role we will also support you through your Treasury qualifications helping you to develop within the Company.
The main responsibilities include:
- Managing on a daily basis the group’s global cash positions and borrowing requirements
- Monitoring counterparty exposures against approved limits
- Developing and maintaining forecast cash position reports
- Generating weekly FX reports for review by Treasury committee
- Dealing in Foreign exchange as directed
- Recording of transactions in Treasury Management System
- Manage and maintain records for guarantees/indemnities and other security documents
- Developing Treasury reporting aligned with the objectives of the Treasury department
- Building relationships with Banks and other financial institutions
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of news affecting financial markets
As part of a small team, the successful candidate must be hard working, self-motivated and have a desire to learn. In addition, the candidate will ideally have:
- Ideally previous experience within a Treasury or financial services environment
- Working knowledge of financial markets
- Familiarity with electronic bank platforms
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Working towards or hold a Treasury or Accounting qualification (desirable)
- High level of Excel experience
- An ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills
- Be a team player and be able to work autonomously
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Next private pension
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.