Manager Treasury - Back office
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
- Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
- Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
- Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Disciplinary responsible for employees by assigning position/ role with regards to hiring, promotion, managing poor performer. Define main tasks and target; regularly managing employees’ performance through continuous feedback and regular employee dialogues and employee development.
- Team Leads' focus:
- 60% – Increase expertise and competencies by focusing on people wellbeing and career progression. Target for low attrition rate, adequate talent pool, and effective succession planning.
- 20% – Build strong networking and business partnering with stakeholders through regular exchanges.
- 15% – Steer service performance in accordance to GSSO target, strategies and customer centricity.
- 5% – Second level escalation for business partners.
- Supports employees in their development by identifying strengths and development needs, agreeing, implementing and evaluating appropriate actions. Identifies and names potential candidates.
- Promotes employee awareness and interest in personal and professional development.
- Plans and organizes resource requirements of the team, defines required recruitment criteria/profile and align with
- HRBP & recruiter. Responsibility for own team budget per allotted includes forecasting for customer visits, internal activities, allowances & reliefs.
- Lead frequent dialogue and discussion with business partners to identify needs, process improvement opportunities and potential centralization of local processes in SSC.
- Be alert and understand business situation to enable proper, early support and advice where applicable.
- Regular update with Team Specialist on operational and project status in tandem with business partnering and steering needs.
- Initiates and controls internal projects for further development and optimization of service processes.
- Contributes to overall projects with own resources.
- Ensure service delivery meet targets defined in service level agreement and KPIs for process efficiency, effectiveness & quality control.
- Ensure team’s operational processes and procedures in full compliance with BASF requirements, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), local legal and statutory requirements.
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Manage and supervise team to deliver Treasury Back-office services to BASF group companies. Ensure service delivered by the team are meeting the agreed service matrix.
- Design and develop concept, new strategy to provide better own team services covering all BASF subsidiaries in Asia Pacific and other entities in service scope with pre-determined service level and quality.
- Ensures the team’s capabilities by choosing suitable staff, determining team size, setting quality standards that apply across teams, and further developing training program to suit own team needs, leads team through changes.
- Develop succession plan to ensure sustainability of the team’s operation including build-up expertise and talent.
- Responsible for overseeing own unit activities in Asia Pacific.
- Accomplishes team's human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions, recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures, responsible for knowledge build up to carry out active reminding activities
- Provides leadership for direct reporting employees by agreeing upon objectives and regularly evaluating work performance through continuous feedback and semi-annual employee interviews as well as year-end performance evaluation
- Further develops direct reporting employees by identifying their strengths and areas for growth, and by agreeing upon, performing and evaluating corresponding measures. Identifies and names potential candidates, creates appropriate development tasks for potential candidates
- Meet operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems, identifying system improvements, and set-up KPI for performance tracking and improvement
- Ensuring individuals’ deliverables are realistic and obtainable, utilize current ERP and reporting tool to provide individuals with the tools they need to achieve objectives
- Weekly pulse with team members to prioritize topics and issues.
- Work on constant process improvement and strategy adjustment to achieve higher efficiency.
- Provide business partnering by active interaction with business partners and stakeholders.
- Use appropriate communication and coordination to ensure good collaboration with the partners in an atmosphere that promotes multi-trust, innovation and change
- Organize, conduct regular exchange and update of SSC KPI, projects and process improvements status to Head of Services Delivery Unit and Local Management team including solutions where applicable.
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Identify, recommend and implement continuous improvement opportunities in quality and efficiency to support smooth implementation.
- Prepare and review training materials and conduct functional trainings when required with the coordination by Knowledge Coordinator.
- Assist to coordinate, monitor and compile Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to improve productivity within own team and conduct relevant benchmarking exercise accordingly.
- Ensure all work documentation and work processes are updated and met with Internal Control requirements.
- Support recommendation and need raise by Team Specialist with regards to resource planning.
Planning & Controlling
- Support to manage costs within budgeted expenditures and guidelines.
Degree of Supervision required in the job:
- Ability in working independently with high responsibility and self-motivation.
Frequent cooperation within/ outside BASF Group and/or BSSCKL:
- Treasury Centre Front office, Subsidiary Finance & Middle office, local company, business units and the other shared service centers.
- Senior Managers, Managers, Analysts and peers across functions and within the organization.
- Work closely with various stakeholders i.e. external auditors or consultants.
Leadership, Cooperation and Supervision Leadership:
- Guide and coach direct reports through and in alignment with competencies set them, 10 – 13 employees.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback and reinforcement to team members regarding development needs and opportunities and secure resources to support development efforts.
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping team members feel motivated, valued, appreciated and aware of their strength to help them capitalize it.
- At least University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
- Preferably a member or eligible for admission to Malaysian Institute of Accountants or other Professional bodies (CIMA, ACCA, CFA).
- At More than 5 years’ experience in Treasury including 4 - 5 years of experience in supervising a team.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of Finance and Accounting preferably in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Accounting & Reporting.
- Advanced knowledge in standard Microsoft Office software (word, excel, power point).
- Proficiency in English required with good communication in verbal, writing and interpersonal skills with high customer focus. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP system
- External experience in shared service or multinational company preferable.
- Knowledge in programming or scripting are an added advantage but not mandatory.
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in a MNC or Malaysian Public listed company
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.