Sen.Treasury Generalist #204163
Your field of responsibility
We offer you a challenging role supporting both the Legal Entity Finance function in Japan as well as the Japan Country Treasurer function.
- The Country Treasurer function is responsible for coverage of country partners – this AVP role would provide support on Treasury related matters for the local businesses whilst providing capital management, funding and liquidity management, regulatory oversight & Treasury related change and new business support to the country. Within the country treasurer function you would be required to develop a thorough understanding of the onshore business activities of the Bank, the liquidity and risk management practices of CS Group as well as any local regulatory liquidity requirements, to ensure that processes & controls are in place to align with these practices as well as assist in managing compliance with the regulatory liquidity requirements
- The Legal Entity Finance AVP is responsible for working with managers and team members to maintain and report accurate regulatory reports and ensure that local financial reporting is reported in line with JGAAP standards.
The Legal Entity Finance AVP will be required to have a detailed understanding of JGAAP and local regulatory requirements to ensure that processes and controls are in place to report accurate and timely financials and information to internal and external partners.
Key responsibilities of this combined role include:
Country Treasurer Function:
- Governance & Stakeholder-Management - Provide partner coverage support for all Treasury related matters for local country management /internal partners as well as external partners (regulators, auditors). Support the implementation of appropriate local governance processes/forums for Treasury topics. Establish positive relationships with the regional Treasury team and assist in implementing regional initiatives locally
- Funding & Liquidity & Capital Management Framework - Provide local oversight on entity level liquidity and capital management strategies. Support full compliance with internal and regulatory liquidity & capital frameworks and associated risk controls
- Strategy & Change - Collaborate with local partners to understand and review new business and TSY IT/infrastructure change strategies impacting the Japan legal entities to ensure impacts are fully understood and assessed
- Financial Resource Optimisation - Understand impact of current/planned TSY related activities on Japan legal entity financials (Actuals/Forecast/Plan). Work with relevant partners to identify-opportunities to optimise local legal entity resources
Legal Entity Finance function
- Supporting the local regulatory reporting process for Japan entities (broker dealer, bank branch)
- Supporting preparation of various reports for statutory financial reporting process for the broker dealer entity
- Maintenance of in-house financial accounting systems and its control
- Continuous assessment of control environment and processes to proactively propose improvements
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects (e.g. New Business proposals, etc.)
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Remote Working? Yes
This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Outstanding academic background; minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; preferably Finance related
- 5 years minimum relevant experience in Financial Services; with direct Treasury experience preferred
- An understanding of Treasury relevant markets, financial products and business strategies
- Evidence of partner management skills with both internal and external partners
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure
- High level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse-perspectives
- Self starter with the ability to operate independently
- Japanese native language skills and business level English speaking and writing
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Teamwork spirit oriented and proactive in resolving issues
- Proficiency in Excel skills required
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.