Accounts Receivable (Analyst) - 9 months contract
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
- Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
- Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
- Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Provide Accounts Receivable (AR) transaction processing support to deliver AR services to BSSCKL customers’ in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that timelines and quality are meet within the agreed service levels agreements.
Including but not limited to:
- Process incoming receipts made by customers via bank transfers, negotiation of export bills, cheques, promissory notes, netting transfers, etc. in accordance to Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Process trade related rebates, debit and credit notes for 3rd party customers.
- Generate statement of accounts and submit to service providers for dispatching to the customers.
- Process Trade AR valuation adjustments for Specific and General provisions including write-offs of bad debts for impairments under IFRS 9.
- Initiate the dunning process and generate reminders for customer’s overdue accounts.
- Provide the outstanding balances for 3rd party customers upon request from end-users.
- Generate periodic/ad-hoc AR reports in accordance to local companies and/or BASF requirements.
- Regular review of unallocated/unidentified receipts for local companies’ further action.
- Generate relevant documents or reports for Year-End, Internal, Regional, Corporate Audits and Financial Statement Review Meeting (FSRM) purposes.
- Perform customer reconciliation per request from Auditor or customers.
- Process inter-company invoices, debit notes and credit notes.
- Identify withholding tax requirements before invoices, debit notes and credit notes booking.
- Clearing and monitoring of open items in General Ledger accounts related to customers.
- Ensure transactions processed under Inter-Company (IC) customers do not lead to IC differences.
- Perform inter-company overdue follow up with relevant stakeholders to identify reasons of payment delay and advise user for next action to obtain expected payment date.
- Perform analytical review to identify reasons of IC overdues before contacting stakeholders. Timely escalation as and when required.
- Advise local companies and stakeholders to ensure that master data is updated via Pastis Web whenever required based on guideline(s).
- Regular active reminding with stakeholders to resolve disputes.
- Ensure that deadlines for report submission are met consistently and attend to AR related queries from the local companies.
- Support in transition/projects activities and perform testing.
- Ensure processes are complying to BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, legal and statutory requirements.
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and support implementation efforts across the team, local companies and across SSO to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Update changes to process documentation when required.
- Act as a buddy to new joiners following Buddy System program defined.
- Support existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resource, knowledge and experience and best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition.
- Support Regional and Global projects including GFT as and when required.
- Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and accurate customer service.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with customers to ensure that solutions are adopted, implemented and maintained appropriately.
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group and/or BSSCKL:
- AS/F Regional Treasury Centre, GFT, local company, business units and the other SSO, Local CCRM, Regional CCRM.
- Internal Senior Managers, Managers, Analysts and peers.
- Internal and external auditors.
Degree of Supervision Required in the job:
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Preferably a member or eligible for admission to Malaysian Institute of Accountants or other Professional bodies (CIMA, ACCA,CFA).
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 2 -3 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable, Treasury or other Accounting function.
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be preferable.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Accounts Receivable, Treasury and Accounting functions
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools, SAP system or other ERP system
- Proficiency in English with good communication skill
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.