Tax & Legal Services - Procurement Manager - Qatar
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job description & summary
A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised tax solutions and tax accounting advice based on their niche and business need. You’ll support the team with deferred tax validation projects, remediation and restatement, tax basis balance sheets and financial statement carve out preparation.
- Organize the meetings with governmental and semi-governmental organizations in the State of Qatar;
- Design and develop of procurement unified policies & procedures for the governmental and semi-governmental organization financed by Ministry of Finance;
- Procedures should cover the process from the issuance of the letter of award till the settlement of the last invoice / claim for the supplier;
- Suggest customized procedures for certain organizations where applicable;
- Improve the procedures in line with statutory legislation and regulations;
- Ensure all non-value-added steps are eliminated from the procedures;
- Develop procedures covering contract negotiation and variation;
- Prepare and initiate contract modifications;
- Ensure policies and procedures were followed;
- Recommend changes to strengthen the internal control;
- Assist in getting the ISO certification, if needed;
- Provide workshops to organizations on the new procedures; and
- Train and transfer knowledge to MOF staff at the end of the project.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with a recognized firm;
- Relevant experience in contract and procurement management;
- Advanced degree in business, economics, finance, or a related field;
- Professional qualification preferred;
- Previous working experience in the Gulf region in the governmental sector;
- Expert in the government tender laws;
- Advanced knowledge of proposed terms and plan language to ensure compliant policy issuance, endorsements, cancellations and reinstatements;
- Computer skills including proficiency in spreadsheet, word and PowerPoint;
- Highly numerate, with developed analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data;
- Attention to detail and ability to cope with crises and difficult situations; and
- Mastery of written and spoken English and Arabic.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.