Manager - Quality & Risk Management
About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction. Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in 145 countries. KPMG is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
About the role
Our Quality and Risk Management function provides guidance and information to professionals across the firm to support our emphasis on quality, protect the brand and reputation of KPMG as well as to minimise and mitigate professional risks. We are seeking to recruit a Quality & Risk Management Professional to augment our Quality and Risk Management team.
Our function sets out policies and processes designed to help our professionals perform their work effectively in line with our legal, regulatory and professional requirements. The selected candidate will form part of a team that supports this important function of the Firm.
- Implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures for the Risk Management functions
- Responsible for and managing the central AML team of the firm
- Support to client service teams within the different functions of the firm on matters relating to AML and other Risk Management matters
- Assessment of internal controls and procedures
- Review of risk assessment to ensure that significant risks and focus areas are appropriately identified
- Train members of the Firm on regulations and industry practices
- Address employee concerns and queries
What we are looking for....
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic who takes a key role within the quality and risk management function, provides technical knowledge, coaching and training to staff members as well as takes a lead on and manages and executes, to a level that meets our firm's high quality standards, on multiple projects on a timely basis.
The preferred candidate for this position will be a professional with:
- Tertiary level of education within the business and/or legal profession and/or relevant work experience within the service industry
- 5+ years relevant experience in risk management, compliance, quality management role
- High standard of written and spoken business English
- Strong interpersonal skills and team building qualities
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Experience in risk management
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Teamwork skills
We would love the opportunity to discuss how your career aspirations can be accomplished at KPMG.
Should the above vacancy interests you, please visit our website via the apply button below.