Assistant Manager - UK Regulatory Reporting
Basic Purpose of Job:
The team member will support the Regulatory Reporting team in the production of all Prudential & Statistical Regulatory Returns for State Street’s UK, Middle East and Ireland regulated entities.
The individual will provide cover for other team members when necessary, this will involve learning and understanding of all work produced within the team.Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Complete and accurate preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to applicable regulators
- Production of Capital reports (IFR,Own Funds, Large Exposures, Solvency and Asset Encumbrance templates.)
- Production of all UK Insurance Co. Regulatory Financial Returns (e.g Balance Sheet, P&L)
- Production of all UK Insurance Co. Regulatory Capital Returns (e.g Quarterly Reporting Templates, Annual RSR, Annual SFCR input)
- Production of PRA/ FCA/CBI Capital and Financial returns.
- Production of BOE Statistical returns
- Production of management information and board packs.
- Compile and update procedure documents.
- Keep up to date with regulatory matters from EBA, PRA, FCA , CBI and BOE.
- Work with internal and external reviews when required.
- Liaise with compliance and business functions when necessary, for example in case of any regulatory breaches
- Other ad hoc duties with in the Regulatory and Compliance Reporting team
- Prepare initial schedules and reports, including primary data provider capture point and work paper preparations
- Analyze financial data in order to complete filings, understand fluctuations and uncover potential inaccuracies
- Perform edit check reviews and follow up on applicable discrepancies
- Perform reconciliations across products, reports and schedules
- Execute source system data reconciliation versus General Ledger
- Prepare monthly management reports and trends
- Monthly systems processing of Reg Reporting Solution including manual systems entries, data extractions, data quality checks and reconciliations
- Stay informed of regulatory changes and work with management to develop processes for implementation of new reporting requirements
- Maintain detailed procedures and documentation for the above processes
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant certification (not required but beneficial)
- 6-8 years of progressive experience in banking or financial services
- Financial Services experience, preferably with Regulatory reporting covering banks and investment firms
- Good systems and application skills. EXCEL, and Reg. reporting application.
- Flexibility when solving and making decisions taking into account a broad range of internal and external factors; understanding and working effectively with senior management; adjusts actions and decisions for focus on critical issues; accepts accountability for impact of decisions made.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders; gain the cooperation of peers and customers, persuade others; mobilize people to take action.
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Proven track record of successful project execution
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Ability to reprioritize timely
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Familiarity with financial products and financial institution operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and ability to manipulate data
- Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting software a plus
- Proven ability to write, tune and execute complex SQL queries
- Financial and accounting skillset – knowledge of regulatory reports and forms
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to transform a business need into a visual representation
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of the Company
- Effective listening skills and ability to summarise complex subject matters in a succinct manner.
- High degree of accuracy and numeracy required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.