Accounts Trainee - T&G - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
- Responsibility for the processing of set period management information for a number of clients
- Timely and accurately prioritise work deadlines and maintain client interactions
- Attend client premises to provide ongoing in-house finance support
- Have regular meetings with your senior to resolve and manage workflow and communicate potential issues or efficiency issues which can be addressed early on
- Delivery of management information to your senior for review and be the first point of contact for your clients
- Participate in ad-hoc projects operating as a team member offering support
We’ll help you succeed
- Process and prepare management information and VAT for review in respect of your own dedicated client allocations
- Adequately complete files to include supporting schedules in respect of the balance sheet items. i.e. bank rec, month end journals, control accounts
- Dealing with any accounting issues directly with the senior and clear these with the client
- Prepare payment runs for review, maintain FA register and updating support schedules upon edits
- Clearing queries with the senior and completing VAT returns for submission to HMRC
- Assist trainee staff in the processing of data but look at utilising Grade 070 or 080 staff where applicable by reviewing processes
- Being the first point of contact for your clients on a day to day basis and sustaining a supportive key contact relationship when dealing with queries
- Confidently visit client premises and provide a hands on approach to build upon firm relationships
- Understand the clients business and the deliverables needed to ensure the continuation of delivery to engaged services at the best possible value and approach
- Organising work efficiently in order to meet assignment deadlines and client expectations
- Attend regular meetings with your senior to knowledge share and update on ongoing client assignments
- Collaborate with other colleagues to enhance personal and professional development
- Identify potential opportunities of other BDO service offerings when talking with the client and highlight these to your senior
- Making yourself known within the team and knowing your strengths for progression, keeping updated on CM objectives and liaising with your senior to monitor your progression
- Seek greater responsibility in order to progress to Grade 050 or above (see job description for that Grade)
- You are able to handle a variety of situations and calmly face challenging situations
- Make suggestions and offer potential solutions to problems with your senior
- You are willing to learn and adopt a proactive approach to client situations and be supportive to your team
- Can confidently show strong communication skills and can be trusted both in and out of the office
- Well organised and plan work effectively
- Continues to self motivate on personal development and adopts changes upon feedback from seniors for improvement
- Assist with the initial preparation of management information
- You will be responsible for delivery of your client work, responding to more simple query requests and preparation of management information
- Planning and completing deadlines, keeping your senior up to date of continued assignments
- Letting your senior know of any absence from study / holiday / sickness so retain can be relevant for cover and future bookings
- Check you are happy with the work completed by trainees and offer feedback
- Raise appointments to attend monthly CM meetings with your dedicated CM
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Being part ACCA/ACA or equivalent you are responsible to make sure that you are completing the appropriate level of training
- Periodically review accounting packages to ensure the client you are servicing is getting the most efficient practices and make recommendations where applicable, to your manager or IT support for consideration
- Stay up to date with BDO alerts through insight
- Attend relevant taught courses and pass exams through your desired route
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
Agile working at BDO (Workable)
- WORKABLE is our approach to making working at BDO work for everyone. It’s a framework – including policies, guidance, tools, resources, and support – that offers flexibility and choice around how, when and where we do our work. WORKABLE gives BDO people the freedom they need to be able to work at their best. Because sometimes, the hub is the best environment to get things done, and sometimes we’re more productive working from home: WORKABLE gives us that choice.
- We aim to offer you more choice and flexibility to plan around work and life, which can lead to improved wellbeing, access to more diverse projects and learning opportunities andincreased job satisfaction.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.