The Financial Accountant for Treasury and FX is responsible for supporting the financial control, analysis and reporting of foreign exchange impacts arising from commodity and FX hedging and all cash-related activities. It is responsible for delivering the month-end GL close within Treasury whilst also taking the lead in overseeing the integrity of the financial ledgers that support the Treasury function, working with multiply stakeholders across the business and external auditors.
As a UK based company with revenues largely in Sterling, but a cost base largely denominated in foreign currencies, the TUI UK&I businesses inherently create a significant commodity price and foreign exchange rate risk that needs to be actively managed, controlled and reported on a regular basis, to avoid foreign exchange exposures that can have a material impact on the UK&I business and ultimately the group.
The role is based in Luton, but at TUI we believe work is something you do not somewhere you go therefore we are happy to offer flexible working arrangements for this role and the successful candidate would be required to attend the office once a week on average. Please note the closing date for applications is Tuesday 3rd May and this is a maternity cover opportunity for up to 12-months.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Reconciliation and analysis of key treasury related balance sheets, including exchange held in reserves at period end
- Reconciliation and analysis of FX related GL accounts in the P&L and balance sheet, including reconciliation of all mark to market positions at the period end.
- Analysis of mark to market figures and validation of month end journals provided by Group Treasury
- Analysis of foreign currency bank accounts by season
- Liaison with external auditors, providing backup and explanations as required
- Preparation of accurate fuel and FX orders for trading by Group Treasury
- Update and reconcile forecast and hedging changes using Essbase
- Support with cash processes as and when required
- Relevant experience in the finance department of a large company, supported by CIMA or ACCA studies
- Previous treasury experience is desired but not essential as full training will be provided
- Highly systems literate with the ability to assimilate relatively large volumes of complex data and to present in a clear and concise way
- Ability to partner with and influence a wide range of colleagues from other teams to resolve complex issues or to improve a process
- Highly numerate and analytical, able to quickly identify incomplete or inaccurate data and make decisions when faced with some ambiguity
- Deadline driven and able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Able to design and implement new processes / process improvements
- Previous roles focusing on cash and cash flow reporting highly desirable but not essential
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.