Sales and Services Client Services, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Senior Client Service Specialist who is committed and passionate to add value to our clients, operations, and organization. The successful candidate will join our Client Services Team and is responsible for excellent service delivery and solutions to our asset owners, asset managers and official institutional clients covering a range of services including custody, fund accounting, middle office, collateral management, transfer agency and analytics.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Client Services Specialist you will have :
The following aspects of this role are indicative only and in no way limits the organization in allocating additional and or alternative accountabilities (specific tasks, projects or related activities) to the employee, within the scope of the employee’s level of competence, experience, knowledge and qualification.
Client Service (Internal/External) [50%]
- Adopt a pro-active role in establishing State Street as a key component for client success through:
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships including client communication, report and service delivery, process management and strategy development
- Understanding client needs/strategies and deliver innovative solutions
- Building trusting relationships with internal stakeholders and clients
- Promoting a collaborative cross-business and jurisdiction environment that ensures excellent client service
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders to develop solutions
- Responsiveness and appropriate updates and communication with all stakeholders
- Updating clients with product development, regulatory changes and State Street initiatives
Business, Product and Operational Solution and Consulting [30%]
- Define, review, recommend and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives, operating model designs, new products and services and any other client or organizational initiatives.
- Collect, review and analyze information to make sound recommendations in meeting client or organizational needs
- Identify and analyze opportunities to improve processes/and or reduce risk areas in order to assist in meeting client or organizational needs
- Consider broader organizational product offering, leverage of existing products and ensure cost effective and optimal solutions balancing tactical vs. strategic in responding to client issues
- Production of project documentation as required (initiation, scope, business and IT requirements, change request, project plans, test plans, closure, dashboards, risk and issues log, etc)
- Strengthen our foundation and enhance our culture so that we can continue to exceed the expectations of our constituents.
- Guide, coach and mentor staff to achieve the team’s vision and strategy
- Look to continuously grow and retain talent in the team and organization ensuring diversity and
- bench strength
- Positively engage with and influence the business and clients to ensure optimal outcome and
- Foster an environment that supports effective teamwork across the organization
- Build commitment in others for corporate and client objectives
Personal Development [10%]
- Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce.
- Keeping abreast of related developments in the industry and providing advice to management and
- relevant parties
- Maintaining knowledge of internal system and operational developments
- Maintaining knowledge of client’s product, operational and strategic developments
- Sharing new information with the team, broader business and management
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong understanding of Custody and Fund Administration products, services, technology/system and operational environment
- Change management experience
- Experience working closely with a product team in building out new products and services
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Deep understanding of financial products and funds management industry
- Experience in helping clients solve business and operational problems
- Client service and management experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong business level communication skills both written and verbal, including report writing skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Confident in making decisions autonomously and taking initiative
- Proven track record for delivering results as part of a dynamic team structure
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.