Internal Control and SOX Partner - MY
Get to know the role
We are looking for a Manager, Malaysia Internal Control and SOX to lead the Internal control and SOX efforts in Malaysia. We believe a successful candidate has Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), audit and risk advisory experience in the FMCG, Technology/FinTech, and/or Retail industries, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. In return, you will get an opportunity to apply your expertise and shape the control environment in our diverse Malaysia businesses.
The day-to-day activities:
- Support the Senior Manager, Regional SOX Financial Control as part of the SOX Financial Control Team.
- Focus on all financial reporting risks arising from the Grab business in Malaysia
- Plan and perform a top-down, risk-based approach to evaluating internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) to ensure requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act are met, including the ongoing periodic assessments
- Perform SOX management reporting of status of SOX deployment/testing and deficiencies.
- In addition, review broader internal controls (non ICFR) of various business/operations groups
- Review of internal process notes, assessing the Risk control matrix and partner with control owners on remediations
- Train and educate employees on internal controls and the correct execution of processes.
- Potentially 10% travel expected
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIA)
- 8-10 years of audit and risk advisory (including SOX) experience, in the FMCG, Technology/FinTech, and Retail industries
- Excellent command of Malay and English
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, AuditBoard [a plus]).
- Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercise critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills
- Detail oriented
- Work independently and with minimal supervision while maintaining a high level of quality work product and output
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.