Alpha Portfolio Services - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Alpha Portfolio Services team is a dedicated global business team working with Clients, SSC IT, client service, and the business operations teams to ensure accurate end-to-end oversight of Information Delivery to our clients. The Alpha Portfolio Services team is responsible for ensuring the Investment book of records is accurately maintained and ensuring accurate client portfolios are reflected on State Street platforms. The role will interact with the Clients (predominantly Front Office) and being a key liaison with various portfolio managers and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the Client. The role will need to initiate and develop good communication and interpersonal relationship with Front Office/Portfolio Managers’ teams and to maintain the high level of service that is currently being provided to all the clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Investment Manager Service, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Portfolio Services, Assistant Vice President you will
- Liaise with colleagues and divisions globally where required for query resolution
- Act as the contact point to the front office and assist portfolio managers for all queries and escalations
- Lead and coordinate various workstreams within Investment Manager Services for identified issues and subsequent resolution to meet client’s need.
- Build relationship with client/s, obtain better understanding on data usage and design or improve existing controls with the aim to provide a better quality of service aligned to client needs and expectations
- Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
- Review of various control reports eg reconciliation, material breaks and others to ensure the health of client’s portfolios are maintained.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of:
- The scope of the role’s managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ability to delegate tasks and ensure accountability within the team
- Coach and develop junior team members and cultivate strong collaborative skills within the Alpha Portfolio services team (onshore and offshore) as well as other Operational/Technical Support teams.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Senior Management
- Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience
- Extensive financial services experience (Front, Middle, Back), including investment operations; min 7 years experience in either an Investment Manager or Global Custodian
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Strong understanding of Operational Risk
- Experience dealing with multiple levels of management within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with different teams
- Project Management skills and ability to implement new processes/procedures
- Knowledge of investment accounting and NAV calculation across various asset classes
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate – Strong Word and Excel skills necessary.
- Experience in writing SQL is advantageous.
- Experience with data warehouse and understanding of data flow and data delivery is preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Flexible working hours may be required and support may be needed on public holidays
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.