Analyst - Manage HC Inventory
- To ensure timely and accurate payment of Hydrocarbon Management’s payables, and settlement of Hydrocarbon Management’s receivables.
- Operate Hydrocarbon Management Accounts Payable and Receivable processes.
- Ensure that all payments and receipts are made in accordance with relevant contracts.
- Verify and process Hydrocarbon invoices.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to HM payments and receivables.
- Ensure strict compliance with payment / receipt deadlines.
- Prepare manual journal entries in accordance to FCM controls.
- Reconciliation of relevant accounts using Blackline.
- Execution RDS / FCM controls per controls role mapping requirements.
- Process Improvements and Convergence Continuous Improvement ideas and solutions to achieve efficiencies and effectiveness in performing tasks and assist in implementation.
- Provide information to direct stakeholders timely, accurately, and professionally.
- To ensure timely and accurate deliveries of team’s KPIs
- To ensure compliance and execution of RDS, Key Controls and Non Key Controls in accordance to Shell Controls Framework
- Projects / Assignments Participate (which include delivery of the deliverables within the stipulate timeline, issues escalation and manage expectation gaps) in external and internal rollout/projects / assignments.
- Understand and implement the corresponding financial controls associated with the process to mitigate financial reporting risks
- Ensure timely storage of evidence on task carried out in Global Records Management System.
- To explore ESSA and Continuous Improvement ideas and solutions to achieve efficiencies and effectiveness in performing tasks and assist in implementation.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications is preferred.
- Good problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and inquisitive mindset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver results and meet business needs
- Capable of working under pressure and highly driven to meet deadlines
- Highly disciplined in meeting deadlines and willingness to work at ad hoc hours as required.
- Ability to integrate the operational knowledge described above with the associated accounting requirements and system / financial entries
- Ability to gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of GSAP contracts, pricing and material movements, the settlement process, the source, document flow & associated fields
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the complexities of the GSAP HM Purchasing /Sales and pricing solution
- Understanding of product measurement and accounting practices, inventory management, costing and impact on stock valuations is an added advantage
- Able to work with Group resources on process streamlining and standardization
- Familiar with GSAP modules and able to work independently
- Proficiency in financial accounting practices
- Proficient in written and spoken English Language
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications especially Excel and PowerPoint
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.