Financial Accountant - 12M FTC
Accenture’s global finance teams work at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational, and analytical support across Accenture’s global businesses. Our various teams range from corporate development and financial management professionals to accounting and tax experts, and everything in between. Our global hub contains 300 finance team members, and we are continually expanding, providing a wide range of career opportunities. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognize that we succeed only when our people grow.
This Financial Accountant role will focus on our Ireland and UK business and will partner with the local finance teams to manage the US GAAP financials for several entities. In addition to playing this key strategic and analytical role, the successful candidate will lead, coach, and develop a team.
- Co-ordinate the month-end close process
- Work with the business to analyse and validate monthly results
- Assume responsibility for balance sheet control and monthly reconciliation review
- Provide finance expertise and ongoing support to the business
- Liaise with external auditors as required, including preparation of statutory financial statements
- Assume responsibility for finance aspects of acquisitions, mergers, and liquidations
- Collaborate with local and global teams to drive process improvement initiatives
- Lead, coach and develop team members on an ongoing basis
- Work with management to drive succession planning and people development strategies
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Support Leadership with queries, reporting and ad hoc tasks
- Professional accountancy qualification, preferably ACCA, CIMA, CPA or ACA
- Understanding of accounting principles (US GAAP or IFRS)
- Minimum of 5 years progressive accounting experience.
Does this appeal to you? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please advise if you have any particular requirements, so we can look into arranging reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. You can contact us at accessIErecruitment@accenture.com.
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture Ireland, in addition to a competitive base salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes pension, private health insurance, discounted gym membership, emergency caring facilities, and 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice! Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and niche skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and build value for their partners. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit our website.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.Equal employment opportunity statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
COVID-19 update: The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.