Deputy Manager– Financial Management Reporting (RTR)
ACCA Member with 8-12 years of experience
The Deputy Manager– FMR (RTR) is responsible for a collection of processes between recording financial transactions and the publication of financial reports. The candidate should be a qualified Chartered Accountant/Cost Accountant or an accounting postgraduate from Finance related streams. S/he is responsible of providing both strategic, financial and operational feedback on business performance as well as financial statements that are compliant with local accounting standards. Responsibilities include posting journal entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, reviewing entries and reconciliations, preparing cash forecasting statements, supporting month end closing, preparing various reports as required and supporting audits.
• Responsible for monthly book closure, preparation and posting of Journal entries, financial reporting and reconciliations
• Application of the entity’s accounting policies to each non-routine event or transaction is independently reviewed for appropriateness and ensures any exceptions are highlighted to business on an immediate basis
• Unusual items and exceptions are investigated and properly resolved / recorded in the general ledger in the appropriate accounting period
• Managing the Financial and Management Reporting (RTR) processes and ensuring the service level agreements are met as per the timeline and accuracy
• Overall responsibilities include:
o Inventory accounting (movements and reconciliation with physical stock)
o Mark-to-Market / Fair Value accounting
o Month-end processing (period close)
o Trial balance, PNL and balance sheet review
o Management Reporting
o Inter-company reconciliations
o Account reconciliations (GL to sub-ledger)
o Budgeting and Forecasting
• Ensure that the roles and responsibilities in the month closing and reporting process (including a required understanding of the entity’s operations and appropriate accounting knowledge) are clearly defined, documented, updated, and communicated to counterparts on a timely basis
• Ensure that financial statements of the Entity / BU handled adhere to accounting policies defined by the Corporate and any changes thereof from time to time and any exceptions identified are clearly highlighted to onsite teams
• Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations and making necessary journal entries/corrections to address reconciling items.
• Experience in setting up Validation Checklists for all processes and ensure to review on a continuous basis for completeness and accuracy
• Experience in independently reviewing, validating, authorising journal entries and ensure those are recorded in the appropriate accounting period
• Prior experience in preparing plant costing reports, MUV (Materials Usage Variance)/PPV (Purchase Price Variance) absorption costing, standard costing etc.
• Should have excellent knowledge in fixed assets accounting and fair knowledge about Bill of Material creation, production/work order settlement etc.
• Excellent understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Working knowledge of SAP / Oracle and SAP BPC / BO / BI would be an added advantage
• Should be able to identify and implement Continuous Improvement Projects (Six Sigma, Lean, YB projects) to improve team’s productivity and efficiency and overall quality of processes
• Strong domain expertise, analytical skills and logical reasoning with good leadership capabilities with the ability to handle pressure and work in an environment of strict deadlines
• Good communication, interpretation and comprehension skills, proactive and good in numbers
• Willingness to work in different time zones and willingness to travel (short informed trips) based on the business needs.