Transformation Project Manager (Petaling Jaya)
Kuala Lumpur is the host to KPMG’s ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (‘’ACDC’’), which offers tax compliance services in ASPAC. The team is culturally diverse, comprising of many different nationalities, backgrounds and skills. ACDC offers end-to-end compliance support for clients and is powered by advanced technology and automation, robust processes and a highly skilled team of client centric professionals. Be part of this exciting journey within KPMG to support in their expansion of compliance services across the region. ACDC works closely with KPMG’s Global Tax leaders to translate business requirements into a clear global delivery strategy for delivery centres that supports the needs of global KPMG solutions, including but not limited to, Tax Reimagined. It also creates and operates an interoperable, seamlessly integrated network of Global Delivery Centres to enable globally consistent delivery.
The world of global tax compliance for large multi-nationals is rapidly changing, and KPMG is changing its delivery model to seize the opportunity. Large MNCs have consolidated their compliance operations into a handful of in-house global/regional locations supporting their hundreds of specialty services units worldwide to drive efficiencies. However, tax compliance has become heavily dependent on technology, and MNCs will need to significantly invest in technology to optimize their costs of compliance. Alternatively, they can outsource their compliance to a provider that has the global expertise and can scale its technology investment costs, while offering an efficient delivery model that optimizes integrated centralization the way MNCs have already demonstrated, while integrating it with local SMEs where appropriate.
- Reports to the ACDC Centre Lead
- This role will be accountable for driving projects & initiatives that will impact financial and operational results for our Delivery Center including but not limited to; designing the change strategy, assessing stakeholder impacts and organizational readiness, recommending and/or implementing appropriate communication, training, and behavioral change solutions, and measuring effectiveness to enhance performance.
- This role is responsible to project manage the implementation of strategic initiatives of business process, digital, technology and organizational transformation to drive organizational value optimization, efficiency, effectiveness and cost reduction.
- This role will assist in the Centre's growth ambitions and activities (such as resourcing/ design) and taking a role in supporting to manage & deliver all necessary activities to delivery growth & transformation projects.
- Creating project plans and documents to outline project expectations, scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Designing and owning stakeholder governance meetings including tracking milestones & reporting.
- Accountable for promoting a culture of high performance and continues improvements with focus on Innovation in the organization and need to ensure the centre is globally integrated with other Tax-GDN centres worldwide.
- Create the plan for the technology implementation roadmap for the process improvement, ensure implementation suits the plan and ensure the realization of the implementation drives the desire benefits estimation.
- Adapt and implement the technology needed to drive process efficiencies estimated in the agreed timeline.
- Work with global teams to ensure global technology set up is suitable for ASPAC countries in scope. This includes senior organizational stakeholders and potentially client facing element depending on the project requirements.
- Mentoring and developing junior staff, help with developing training material and keeping up to date processes
- Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations.
- Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth.
- Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instills confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results.
- Coaches and supports more junior team members to advance overall performance
- Lead the programs and projects using innovative, agile and project management tools and techniques in the strategic development, change management and implementation of initiatives to ensure the organization’s ability to successfully implement a business transformation agenda and realize intended impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology, administration, tax or applicable field
- Minimum of 6 years of experience related activities
- Experience in large multinational or big 4 accounting firm preferred or transferable experience
- This role requires individuals with experience implementing and operating technology to drive efficiency (RPA; SQL; Automation Anywhere; cloud, tableau, Power Bi, etc)
- Strong project management skills with PMO certification preferred along with demonstratable experience
- Strong, positive track-record of innovation and collaboration – able to work with diverse teams in diverse locations, engaging their input and commitment to success
- Proven track record of success implementing business transformation and digital initiatives
- Knowledge in tax compliance and especially of value added tax (VAT) in ASPAC is preferred
- Strong written and spoken English is required – other regional languages are an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify potential problems and issues and articulate them clearly to clients
- Curiosity and passion to find solutions to client’s needs
- Very strong team player that is focused on enhancing team performance
- Experience juggling multiple priorities while taking a proactive approach and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate successfully within and further cultivate an environment focused on customer satisfaction
- Ability to establish a “customer service” culture
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.