Business Consulting Intern, Technology Risk, Singapore (Summer'22) 1
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
Business Consulting Intern | Technology Risk, Singapore (2022)
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
As an intern with Technology Risk team, you will assist our clients to identify and manage their technology risks. Our independent position and assessment capabilities provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape and the controls in place.
Working with some of the top Fortune Global 500 companies and large local conglomerates including Financial Institutions and Fintech, you will be involved in assessments and attestation services that will directly support C-suite discussions and important business decisions regarding compliance, cost and quality of our clients’ risk management programs.
Information Management and Analytics (IMAS)
As a risk analytics intern, you will be responsible for performing data driven analysis to help identify areas of risk and to enhance process and technology controls, improve IT operations and compliance processes as well as to achieve company-wide cost efficiencies. This includes the development of analytics test procedures, statistical models and algorithms to analyze client’s data to identify instances of process or control gaps, occurrences of unauthorized or non-compliant activities within the organization and cost optimization opportunities. You will also be involved in information management related projects that help clients develop and deploy key data governance strategies and processes that pertain to the sourcing, management, development and consumption of data assets across the client’s environment.
Financial Audit IT (FAIT)
Work with our Financial Statement Audit Team to analyse business, financial, and information systems and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems. Analyze client requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
Assess and evaluate IT systems and the mitigation of IT-related business risks. Help clients strengthen internal controls and improve IT and business performance. Support external and internal audit engagements from an IT perspective to understand IT-related risks, test controls, and help stakeholders take actions based on implications of residual risk.
Assist with attestations of processes and controls including System and Organization Control Reports (SOCR). Identify, analyze, assess and help management enhance: IT processes and controls using COBIT, ITGI, ITIL and similar frameworks for IT governance and process effectiveness; IT program management risk and controls; Cyber/information security, incident management, resiliency, and recovery processes; Identity management processes, risks, controls, and tools; GRC processes, risks, controls and tools; business automation including process and data flow, functional capabilities, and automated application controls; information privacy including PDPA and GDPR; and Data governance, quality, business intelligence tools, and information analysis including use data analytics tools.
Furthermore, you will be involved in third-party assurance engagements such as ISAE3402, ISAE3000, SOCR 1/2/3 and OSPAR for some of the prestigious global technology and business processing outsourcing providers. We also perform services on IT governance, IT program management and assurance, security and controls of ERP implementations, IT components of Regulatory Reviews for SOX, MAS Technology Risk Management, Outsourcing, PDPA, and GDPR.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client's platform structure, security software used, and how information systems are used at the client and within the client's industry. Execute procedures, perform detailed analysis, reach conclusions, document results, and suggest ideas for efficiencies.
- Recognize relevant financial statement issues from basic analysis and identify potential non-compliance standards. Maintain relationships with the client at the appropriate levels. Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, stay abreast of the current IT environment and industry IT trends relevant to the client's business, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
IT Internal Audit (ITIA)
Management and boards of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. As an IT internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify technology control enhancements, IT operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements.
You will have the opportunity to help clients bridge the gap between focusing on the risks they are facing today and developing the processes they need to address future-state risks while engaging their people to collaborate on change. You will be given the exposure to focus on emerging technologies or digital transformation, as well as to be part of the team that provides trusted communications and assurance on internal control or related to regulatory compliance to customers, alliances, strategic partners, governments and authorities.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way, and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose-driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
We are interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential, this role is for you.
- Pursuing a degree in Accountancy
- Knowledge or interest in the field of information security, in line with internationally accepted standards and frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, ISO 2700x, CSA, SOX, GDPR and etc.)
- Knowledge or interest in data analytics tools such as Power BI, Alteryx, Python, R, or Tableau
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients, and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email for an interview with the hiring managers.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Highest academic certification and transcripts
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.