Suitable for anyone considering a career in accountancy. Whether they be a school leaver, graduate or an individual looking to make a career change.
The role would be to assist the team with the planning and administration of audit assignments, enabling completion to a high standard within agreed timetable and budget and is motivated to perform and committed to effective client service and the quality of work meets the company’s ethical and professional standards and supports organisational success.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Assists in the conduct of an audit engagement under supervision and may be responsible for undertaking small non-complex audits which will involve pre-audit scoping and preparation, identifying audit risks and performing preliminary evaluation of client’s internal control structure to identify weaknesses and areas for management consideration and improvement.
• Assists with audit planning procedures including audit tests using the firm’s audit methodology ensuring that key matters not identified at the planning stage are brought to the attention of the client management team and assists with assessment.
• Completes allocated tasks to a high standard which meet set reporting and auditing standards.
• Assists with preparation of the simpler financial statements, or reviews client-prepared financial statement and other management reports to develop understanding and increase knowledge of various entities and accounting issues.
• Monitors own WIP and ensures a positive contribution is made to departmental billing.
• Builds confidence in dealing with clients and knowledge of more in depth tasks, developing the ability to take on more complex engagements and builds relationships to ensure client retention and growth.
• Acts as an ambassador of the firm, building relationships and promoting the firm at every opportunity to facilitate new business opportunities.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Ability to develop an understanding of the role and function of audit for a large range of different entities, in particular financial service clients and an understanding of audit techniques including planning, interviewing, documentation, testing, conclusions and reporting.
• Is pro-active in developing technical knowledge and understanding of current accounting and audit regulations and issues.
• Is a team player, but also able to work alone and be a self starter with a flexible and proactive approach coupled with an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Has good communication, interpersonal, planning and organising skills and is able to display initiative and lateral thinking coupled with the ability to solve simple problems and displays an analytical thinking ability.
• Highly PC literate with good knowledge of Windows software and accounting systems
• 112 UCAS points, or Degree (2:1 or above), or equivalent.
• No relevant experience necessary but must be willing and able to undertake a relevant accounting professional qualification and apply that knowledge to gain experience in the role.
About Grant Thornton CI
Grant Thornton Limited is a leading Channel Island professional service practice with offices in Guernsey and Jersey with combined staffing strength of more than 160 people.
We are the Channel Island member of Grant Thornton International, one of the world's leading international organisations of independently owned and managed accounting and consulting firms. Grant Thornton International is not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered independently by the member firms and as a member firm within Grant Thornton International we have access to member and correspondent firms in over 140 countries, offering clients specialist local knowledge supported by international expertise and methodologies.
We have been offering practical and strategic advice to all the key sectors in the Channel Islands for many years, and work closely with our clients to understand the specific issues that they face, as is evident in the many long standing client relationships that we have developed.
Our range of services in the Channel Islands include:
- Recovery and Reorganisation
- Outsourced Accounting and Payroll
- Private Client
- Audit and Assurance
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.
Please mention ACCA Careers when you apply.