Civil Forensic Accountant
At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in Working with charities by volunteering, fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation Being a great place to work and develop your career
We are looking for an experienced Forensic Accountant with a passion to work alongside other Forensic Accountants and analysts.
The successful candidate with have the autonomy to shape their own career in a choice of locations around the UK with the support of the existing team.
You will have the opportunity to work on a different range of cases within your expertise, whilst contributing to winning new work by proactively seeking opportunities for new business and providing world-class service.
You will enjoy acting as a mentor and sharing your Forensic experience to develop trainees and newly qualified team members.
- Develop a strategy to determine the scope of the case and the work required
- Review, analyse and verify confidential and sensitive evidence for use in Court proceedings and potential litigation
- Critically review the work of the opposing party.
- Interpret mass volumes of complex data and reconciliation of accounts, including reconstruction of accounts from source documents
- Develop fact finding questions for further areas of investigation and request additional documentary evidence for consideration
- Preparation of expert report supported by financial information and analysis for both litigation and investigations
- Attend conferences with Solicitors, Counsel and Clients
- Prepare other written advice/opinions/valuations, letter reports, etc for consideration by Clients, solicitors and Counsel where appropriate
- Attendance at joint meetings and preparation of Joint Statements
- Attendance at court as an Expert witness if requested
- Prepare fee quotes from information provided by Solicitors, Counsels, and Clients Support the development of the Forensic Team, identifying training needs and working with the People and Culture team to implement value added training
- Develop own network and build relationships with existing and new clients
It is important that you already have experience of writing expert reports to completion.
- Significant experience of working in a Forensic capacity
- Some experience of writing Forensic reports
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified with relevant on the job experience
- Strong networking skills with a track record of building contacts and clients.
- The ability to establish relationships with clients and colleagues to deliver a World-Class service.