About the Company:
At FedEx Express, we believe that a connected world is a better world. We connect people and possibilities with our diverse portfolio of transportation, e-commerce, and business solutions. Today, our networks reach more than 220 countries and territories, linking more than 99 percent of the world’s GDP. FedEx is consistently recognized as one of the most admired brands in the world and one of the best places to work. Our people are the foundation of our success and the key to our future.
Job Title – Financial Accountant
Job Type- Permanent as well as contract based (1 / 2 years)
Location: Boomerang, Unit # 801, Wing A & B, 8th Floor, Chandivali Farm Road, Andheri E, Mumbai – 400072
Fixed compensation: INR 11,00,000- 15,00,000 p.a
No of Positions: 13
Education: ACCA or equivalent qualifications, MCOM, MBA Finance, CA Inter, CMA inter
Work Timings- 9:00 am-6:00 pm
No of days working: 5 Days (Saturday, Sunday Fixed off)
Accounting & Finance International: Purchase to Pay; Record to Report; Invoice Process; Purchase Orders; General Ledger; US GAAP; Local GAAP; Business Case Assessment; Contract Management; Project Finance
A qualified Chartered accountant or similar having substantial experience in core finance and accounting. Acts as a technical expert on complex and specialist subject(s). Supports management with the analysis, interpretation and application of complex information, contributing to the achievement of divisional and corporate goals. Supports or leads projects by applying area of expertise.
Job Specific responsibilities:
- Maintaining high quality of accounting books for the entity assigned
- Responsible for accounting and reporting for both Group purposes
- Ensure compliance environment with internal controls, SOX, accounting policies and procedures First point of contact for external partners to which accounting transactional processes are outsourced for the entity
- Coordinate and support the execution of activities related to internal and external audit requirements
- Work closely with BPO teams to resolve discrepancies, issues and queries for BU related accounting matters in a timely manner,
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end reporting
- Prepare all documentation for monthly accruals, prepayments, other bookings
- Review and support Balance Sheet Reconciliation and prepare Balance Sheet reviews with focus on clearing accounts to minimize open items
- Identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives and best practices,
- Ad hoc tasks and projects to improve processes defined by direct manager
Skill sets required
- Minimum 3 years of accounting related experience, specifically in handling independently GL and corporate reporting of foreign entity of considerable size and implementation of accounting principles and procedures.
- Certified senior professional accountant, with relevant experience and proven successes in accounting/ audit field.
- Strong Excel skills and understanding of accounting systems.
- Analytical Skills, numerical skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills judgement & decision making skills, attention to details.
- Strong business awareness.
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Accounting knowledge, core accounting of at least 6-10 years
- Knowledge of USGAAP is essential
Please only apply if you meet the requirements of the role:
ACCA Member with substantial experience in core finance and accounting, minimum 3 years of accounting related experience, and knowledge of USGAAP