Corporate Tax Associate Director
Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
About the company and team:
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, we’ll help you reach your full potential. You’ll work on an impressive client list – from growth-focused entrepreneurs to multi-national groups. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. With access to a global team that spans more than 120 countries, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking.
Our Corporate Tax Central Region Team is growing and services clients across a great variety of industries, such as retail, technology and construction to name a few. We work with owner managed businesses, private equity backed enterprises and global companies, managing their tax affairs both on the compliance side and in relation to additional advisory matters. The latter includes due diligence, transactions and restructuring, as well as R&D. We work closely with colleagues across the firm to provide a joined up service combining expertise in accounting, audit and all relevant taxes.
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of its growth journey. As a consequence of a number of recent hires and significant client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Tax Associate Director (or experienced Manager) who is looking for an environment where they will have the opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team, working with lots of fantastic clients along the way. Surrounded by talent, this role will genuinely give you an opportunity to drive your continuing professional development.
This is an opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of clients and groups, some with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The role will include undertaking the more complex compliance work, reviewing work undertaken by junior team members and working on a variety of advisory projects. In addition, you will have the opportunity to assist senior staff by involvement in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events.
- Being an integral part of a high performing tax compliance and advisory team that supports and advises a range of interesting, fast growing and entrepreneurial companies and their owners, as well as larger corporates and international clients who operate in a range of sectors such as technology, manufacturing, life sciences, charities and retail to name just a few.
- Being a key part of the client service team for a variety of clients across these sectors and therefore you will quickly become a day to day contact for your clients, having regular dialogue with key members of the client’s team and working with the team to plan the delivery of work to clients.
- With assistance, building your external network of peers (client and non-client) and maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the firm’s capability and general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- Working closely with the partners and directors in the tax and other service lines to go out to market and supporting the business development activities in the region.
- Demonstrating your knowledge and experience of the local ecosystem, and being part of a team passionate about the growth of our business and the economy of the Central Region.
- Working closely with your colleagues to deliver a high-quality corporation tax compliance service to your clients and addressing any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC.
- Providing value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your client’s business risks, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include: international expansion, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, group & shareholder reorganisations, loss relief, tax treatment of interest, capital allowances and tax aspects of acquisitions & disposals.
- Liaising regularly with colleagues in other departments to assist them in providing a high quality service to their clients and identifying tax related risks and opportunities for their clients.
- Embracing the mindset of continual improvement in your skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients, and as part of your own development as well as others, providing coaching and guidance to junior members of the team.
About the ideal candidate
You will have solid corporate tax advisory experience, effective team leadership and business development skills. Opportunities for progression are open for the right candidate with excellent support for training and development needs.
- ACA qualified (or equivalent).
- CTA qualified preferred, or proven tax advisory experience.
- Experience of a client or customer facing role.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Proven experience of, and interest in, business development and converting relationships into fee paying work.
- Significant previous experience operating at Manager or a similar role is required or can demonstrate the skill set required to undertake an Associate Director role.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.