Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President
London, UK, Krakow, Poland, Kilkenny, Ireland, Frankfurt, Germany, Bangalore, India, Dublin 2, Ireland
Why this role is important to us
State Street’s Alpha Services Client Reporting Team offers a full suite of reporting services required by the most sophisticated Investment Managers. We gather data from multiple sources internally and externally from - IBOR, ABOR, performance, market data vendors and client supplied data, which runs through a robust workflow to produce end client reports or provides insights via data visualization. We are a self-service report development team who has taken the initiative to meet the most complex reporting requirements for the entire bank.
What you will be responsible for
- Individual in this role will design, develop and support dashboards and reporting for State Street Alpha Services.
- Serve as primary subject matter expert across the organization and assist users with adhoc dashboard/report construction queries and researching issues on existing data, query tools, and reports
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve performance
- Support user training, documentation, and rollout
- Maintain effective working relationships with organizational team and clients
- Program in Flash and HTML5 to create and maintain existing dashboards
- Design dashboards and cross connect different components
- Develop and execute database queries and perform analyses
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Expertise in analysis, design and implementation of reporting and visualization (Dashboards) using BI suits like Jasper, Webfocus, Actuate, eSpreadsheet, etc
- Experience working with complex data sets and implementing complex business logic to provide intelligence reporting solutions, perform data gap analysis on complex financial data
- Experience in working with large scale data warehouse solutions , data modeling and designing data marts
- Experience in data governance models and data quality implementation techniques
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience in query performance optimization
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources and assist in the data validation process and write queries
- Knowledge in Big data platforms and cloud technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Servicing Platform (ESP), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and ETL data extraction and MYSS
- Ability to articulate basic project methodology concepts using either SDLC or Agile
- Ability to analyze entity-relationship diagrams and logical data models to validate design against requirements
- Ability to write SQL code for strong data analysis through queries, data profiling, and data validation exercises
- Familiarity with financial reporting, business intelligence, and data warehousing principles
- Understanding of BI/reporting tool architecture, functions, and features
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences with excellent facilitation
- Demonstrated excellence in business writing, development of business process flow diagrams, making comparisons regarding current and future processes, and effective communication
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, MIS, Information Technology, or related field of study
- 7+ years of experience data analysis, dashboard design and development
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.