Indirect Tax Analyst (Perm)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big! Apple has been serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail and Supply Chain. Become part of our Trade Compliance team, which supports Customs and Indirect Tax Compliance within Europe, Middle East, India and Africa. You'll be based in our Cork Office and will focus on the compliance requirements for Indirect Tax across the region.
Key qualifications Must possess excellent analytical, communication, presentation and organization skills.Attention to detail and a proven track record of meeting tight deadlines is essential.Previous accounting experience an advantage.This role requires outstanding levels of interrogation and an ability to interpret large volumes of information.Systems (Excel, SAP/other ERP) and projects experience are important.The successful candidate must be motivated, flexible, a self-starter who works well both individually and in teams.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of Indirect Tax declarations to various authorities within designated tight deadlines
- Analysis of relevant declarations in line with other Trade Compliance areas.
- Reconciliation of Indirect Tax general ledger accounts.
- Developing processes and reporting in line with Apple’s continuing growth and product evolution.
- Gaining a detailed understanding of the processes and systems to isolate potential opportunities for automation and efficiency.
- Business Partnering on Indirect Tax Compliance issues and projects with various teams within Apple.
- Dealing with Tax Authorities on queries related to Indirect Tax Compliance.
- Develop expert understanding of the Apple Supply Chain as it pertains to Indirect Tax Compliance.
Education & experience
- Accounting or tax qualification an advantage but not crucial Relevant degree from a third level institution is a requirement
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.