EY Graduate Programme - Business Consulting Associate (Actuarial)
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
EY Consulting has exciting opportunities for highly motivated graduates to join our Actuarial Consulting team. You’ll focus on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience that will shape our services. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues. You will be at the forefront of issues that are shaping the insurance industry in Asia and gain a wide exposure to a diverse range of actuarial projects.
At EY, we believe your career is a journey and we are committed to providing an array of exciting opportunities to help you find the career path that is right for you.
Your key responsibilities
As an Associate in the Actuarial Consulting team, you’ll be working as part of a project team to deliver a wide range of client engagements. This includes:
- Regulatory changes, including Risk-Based Capital, Solvency II and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 17)
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A) and due diligence
- Advanced financial modelling approaches and systems e.g., designing valuation and Asset Liability Management frameworks
- Valuation, pricing and product development
- Performance evaluation in areas related to financial risks, product distribution and capital issues
Skills and attributes for success
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Strong drive to excel professionally
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in Actuarial or other related fields
- Qualification or near qualification with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK) or the Society of Actuaries (US)
- Ideally, you’ll also have past relevant trainee/internship experiences
- A good record of extracurricular activities
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Do attach your CV, cover letter and academic transcripts when submitting your application
- Shortlisted candidates can expect to perform and complete an online assessment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia