Senior Associate - Global Mobility Service (Miri)
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow. It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible. Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Global Mobility Services Expatriate Compliance practice, within People and Organisation Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations.
Our team helps multinational companies design and implement international assignments and manage overall risk and associated costs. You’ll be focusing on compliance issues related to immigration, employment tax, government regulations, traveller expenses and mobility policies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. You will be responsible for advising clients on the East Malaysia Immigration requirements and processes including managing the visa application process for a portfolio of clients include but are not limited to:
- Maintain communication with clients on the application process documents, keep the client informed of progress of application and follow-up, advices client on queries, etc.
- Review documents received for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare the necessary documents for filing purposes and/or file online visa application
- Follows up on status of submitted supplication
- Collects and submits documents to/from authorities/clients
- Monitors deadlines
- Maintain electronic case file
- Invoice client upon completion of case
- Attends to ad-hoc tasks related to immigration work as and when required
- This position will be based in Miri and willing to travel
- Degree holder or above
- Minimum of 2-4 years relevant immigration experience
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Good interpersonal and communication skill with good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Strong client service skills
- Ability to handle and track multiple assignments
- Conscientious with high level attention to details
- Able to work in a team and independently
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.