Deals, MERC Deals - Risk & Quality - Manager - Riyadh
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryAbout Deals Risk & Quality (“R&Q”)
Deals R&Q plays a key role as an enabler in supporting Middle East Deals (“Deals”) to achieve its strategy. The Deals business comprises Infrastructure and Government, Business Recovery Services, Corporate Finance, Forensics Services and Transaction Services. The Deals R&Q team’s primary purpose is to provide trusted advisor risk and quality advice to the Deals business in order to help client-facing teams effectively manage and mitigate legal, regulatory and reputational risk.
The increasing use of alternative delivery methods and more innovative commercial models have added complexity and increased contractual and delivery risk. Furthermore, our clients’ expectations about what we are responsible for often exceed our contractual responsibilities, which needs careful management. The Deals engagement teams need close guidance and support from trusted advisers in R&Q to manage these risks while protecting our reputation and brand.
We support Deals project teams throughout the entire engagement lifecycle from bidding through contracting and on into delivery, taking a partnership approach to work alongside and collaborate with partners and teams. We have been upskilling and growing our team and are now looking for an experienced business professional to help us continue to support the Deals business.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced professional at the level of Manager who is solutions-focused, skilled at building relationships, enjoys being at the heart of change and wants to be part of a relevant, cohesive, vibrant team.
- Acting as the first point of contact for queries from Deals engagement teams, providing timely and solution-focused pragmatic advice.
- Negotiating with clients on contracting challenges, with support from the Office of the General Counsel and senior stakeholders in the business.
- Participating in internal governance forums for high value and higher risk engagements to support teams to manage contracting and delivery risks
- Participating in special projects to deliver the continuous change that is needed to improve the quality outcomes and profitability of Deals.
- Participating in delivering training to staff across Deals.
- Building trusted relationships across Deals and other support teams, and acting as a dedicated business advisor to the Deals business.
The role will provide the successful candidate with:
- The opportunity to work closely with the Deals Teams across the business.
- An opportunity to get involved with some high profile, complex and innovative engagements in the region.
- The opportunity to work in a fast paced, mentally stimulating, dynamic environment where no two days are the same.
- An opportunity to develop a deep understanding of technical matters relating to R&Q.
- Join a cohesive, vibrant and high performing team.
- A stable working location.
Key Skills and Characteristics required
- Interest in understanding the types of risks Deals faces – reputationally, financially, permissibility of services – and how these are mitigated or managed by the firm.
- Be a self-starter who is proactive and flexible and has a positive attitude
- Ability to provide pragmatic advice, whilst protecting the firm by understanding the importance of the firm’s ‘red lines’.
- Be able to work both independently and as a team, with good project management skills, able to prioritise and manage multiple projects at a time while working to agreed deadlines.
- Be creative and willing to think of new and innovative approaches to our work.
It would be desirable for you to have:
- Experience of working in a Deals/ advisory client facing role
- Experience of working in risk management in a Big 4 environment or relevant Big 4 experience in Deals, Advisory or Audit services
- The individual must be proficient in English and preferably an Arabic speaker
- Be a clear, effective and self confident communicator who can adapt their style for different audiences and across multiple channels.
- Have an ability to influence and communicate clearly and with self-confidence to all levels of partners and staff, including at the most senior levels.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.