Tax & Legal Services - Tax - International Tax Services / M&A - Manager - Doha
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career within International Tax Services will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You’ll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.
Our International Tax Services Generalist - Practice Support team advises PwC on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You’ll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
Work on advisory, provide reports and guidance, set up, tax structuring and planning for new projects, understand, advise and give recommendation on both local tax legislations and international tax, Ability to interpret tax treaties, analyse tax efficiency and overall group tax reporting effectiveness. To Manage a portfolio of clients, handling and dealing with their tax requirements, updates and compliance related matters for inbound taxpayers And to build up relationships with regulators, ability to negotiate disputes with adequate tax background and treatment for both local and international tax interpretation as well as accounting standards. Develop business opportunities and coach and guide team members on projects, assignments and client handling.
- Thorough knowledge of M&A practices, including, consulting multinational corporations, privately held companies and partnerships with respect to the tax aspects of planning, structuring and executing transactions of all sizes; analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits; and advising clients on tax-efficient restructurings, divestitures, spin-offs, due diligence and strategy formulation.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience required
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting required. Master of Science in Taxation, or Master of Law degree in Taxation preferred.
- Experience in identifying and addressing client needs
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships
- Considerable experience as a team leader
- Good business writing and Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
Essential skills: Writing, reporting and presentation skills are essential, as well as management, coordination, coaching and business development Skills
Desirable skills: Entrepreneurial skills, cross selling and business development
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.