M&A Tax Manager / Associate Director
M&A Tax Manager / Associate Director
We are searching for a M&A Tax Manager / Associate Director.About the firm and department
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 48,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate as well as offering brilliant careers to our employees.
Our Corporate Tax Team is growing in the Central Region and services clients across a great variety of industries, such as retail, technology and construction to name a few. We work with owner managed businesses, private equity backed enterprises and global companies, managing their tax affairs both on the compliance side and in relation to additional advisory matters. The latter includes Mergers and Acquisitions as well as and Research and Development taxes.
Indeed, as a result of consistent growth, increased client demand and high-profile M&A Tax appointments, we are looking to make an addition to our National Transactions Tax Faculty in the Central Region. Our Transaction Tax specialists provide a variety of services, such a tax due diligence reviews (buy-side and sell-side), advice relating to private equity and similar structures, vendor assistance, and management tax planning.About the role
As part of the Central Region Corporate Tax Team as well as RSM's national faculty of M&A Tax specialists, you will work closely with a local Transaction Tax Partner and make a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the Transaction Tax offering. You will have high levels of responsibility alongside the satisfaction of managing a variety of interesting and challenging projects across different industries. Operating closely with our brilliant Corporate Finance Department and utilising RSM's international network, you will be at the forefront of Transaction Tax advisory work.
- Acting as the main point of contact and respond quickly to clients and internal teams.
- Managing projects in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including costs and billing arrangements.
- Overseeing due diligence projects, leading on corporate tax and liaising with other specialist teams to deliver tax due diligence reports.
- Delivering tax structuring advice pre and post transaction in order to provide tax efficient solutions for clients.
- Researching and preparing proposals for new work, as well as taking part in presentations to prospective clients.
- Supporting in strategic targeting and business development activity, particularly in the private equity space, with the Transaction Tax Partner.
- Maintaining an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and fulfilling professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Taking an active role in the development of junior colleagues.
- Briefing junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, supervising and controlling the completion of work, and undertaking ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary.
- Ensuring tax quality always by adhering to the firm’s quality standards.
- Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or a Partner.
About the ideal candidate:
- CTA / ATII qualified is preferred or equivalent (along with an accounting qualification such as ACA or ACCA).
- Significant previous experience operating at Manager or a similar role is required, or can demonstrate the skill set required to undertake the role.
- Good knowledge of Transaction Tax, in a specialist capacity or as a Corporate Tax professional.
- Proven experience in client handling and project management, building and sustaining relationships.
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
- Business development experience and/or interest in this aspect is advantageous, with the capability of raising own and RSM’s profile through networking.
- Ability to identify opportunities to generate value for clients and potential risks, developing commercial solutions and recommendations to the customer’s circumstances.
- Embraces an inclusive approach to team development, providing opportunities to demonstrate capability and managing performances in an active and supportive manner.
- Practical knowledge of preparing client proposal, liaising with other teams when appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, building and sustaining relationships with senior client staff.
- Good organisation sills, dealing with client queries both professionally and promptly.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.