Senior Associate (Part Qualified / Finalist Accountant)
Senior Associate / Assistant Manager
We build and run smart finance functions for fast-growth and complex businesses.
Our mission is to deliver relevant insight that enables better business decisions.
Our vision is to transform and lead how finance delivers deep business insights to key decision-makers.
This is how we’re different
Fast-growth business leaders need responsive reporting and relevant insight now, not tomorrow. So, we use technology to simplify complex data and deliver relevant insight.
At flinder, we up the ante; we want to transform the way in which finance delivers deep business insight to key decision makers.
We support clients through the scale and funding journey. We cut through the fluff. We deliver meaningful insight. We get them ready for funding. We support them on the Board. With our help, they have the insight and evidence to tell a great story about their business to instil investors’ confidence. With our support, they continue to grow. Fast.
Most of our clients are fast-growth, typically equity-backed, businesses predominantly in London. But, we also work with businesses all over the world; for example Australia and North America on data analytics projects.
ENTREPRENEURS AT HEART
Creators. Leaders. Self-starters. We’re a fast-growth company that likes to challenge convention. We’re always thinking and looking ahead.
We’re interested in our clients. We take the time to get to know what makes their business tick. Yes, we deliver on business, data and finance challenges, but it’s always strategic, insightful and relevant.
A BS-FREE ZONE
We’re true to ourselves, and we’re straight with our clients. So, if we think something is the right thing for our client’s business, we’ll say it even if it’s not what they want to hear.
We don’t settle. We’re always looking for a better way. We’re relentless when it comes to delivering the highest standards and getting the best outcome for clients.
As part of our client facing finance team, you will be responsible for delivering our services to a portfolio of diverse clients predominantly in the London and South East region. With technical accounting experience, you will be close to the detail and instrumental to ensuring all client deliverables are accurate and timely, including management accounts, annual financial statements and technical accounting questions. You will be responsible for providing a premium client service that is absolutely second to none. Just like your clients, you will also be an instrumental part of a new and growing business.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing your own portfolio reporting to managers
- Completing period end close procedures on behalf of clients (or supporting flinder team members in the process)
- Reviewing close activities e.g. reconciliations, vat returns, prepayments/accruals & journals
- Preparing and/or reviewing the monthly/quarterly accounts and ad hoc management information
- Investigating and drafting technical accounting papers for complex or judgmental areas
- Writing or reviewing management commentaries and providing insight to your portfolio of clients
- Performing ad hoc work which may include developing or tracking actual to budget
- Finance system design & build and working with data structures
- Improving processes for new clients to best in practice, leveraging technology where possible and streamlining them
- Supporting the design of rich bespoke client management information
- Developing client process manuals
- Liaising with the client and developing strong working relationships
Who we’re looking for
- Part-qualified ACCA or ACA or recently qualified
- At least 3 – 4 years of relevant experience in a small to mid sized practice
- Good experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations and finance processes
- Experience with the Companies Act requirements and UK GAAP
- An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding and meeting their individual needs
- Experience in coaching junior members of the team
- Experience in managing smaller, less complex clients
- Good project management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer, data and process skills
- Experience with cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live)
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes
- Unlimited holidays
- Discretionary performance related bonus (expectation 5 – 10%)
- Pension contributions
- Study package (tuition, study days, first-time pass bonuses) for professional qualification
- Fully paid strategy week each year
- Flexible working
- Laptop available for business and personal use
- Mobile phone or BYOD allowance