Job Banking Accountancy Analysis
Your new company
A government industry regulator
Your new role
We're looking for a business analyst to provide specialist financial analysis and strategic advice to case teams regulating Defined Benefit pension schemes and, through interaction with trustees and employers to ensure agreement of appropriate funding plans, and to protect members' benefits and the Pension Protection Fund through use of the Regulator's funding, clearance and moral hazard powers.
We strive to be a strong, agile, fair and efficient regulator and a well–informed and pragmatic thought leader. Through this we seek to gain the respect of employers, trustees, our partners and other stakeholders.
Together with our partners, we will create better outcomes in later life for workplace savers, drive up standards of trusteeship and improve savers' understanding of their situation.
What you'll need to succeed
We will make the regulator a great place to work and do all we can to support our people to reach their full potential by providing an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment.
- provide business/financial expertise to ensure an appropriate outcome of cases, providing advice to support effective negotiation in disputes concerning pensions liabilities in funding cases and corporate transactions in order to protect members' benefits
- review agreed and proposed recovery plans with emphasis on affordability, viability, sustainable growth and cash management and take a leadership role in business negotiations to ensure agreed recovery plans are appropriate
- contribute to case teams with specific, technical analysis of corporate activity and provide recommendations to assist trustees' negotiations and the Regulator's clearance decisions, and use of moral hazard powers
- educate and mentor case managers and other professional disciplines within the Pensions Regulator on business assessment and practices including successful and useful interventions and approaches
- Contribute to the development of the Pensions Regulator policies and guidance to the industry.
You will have background experience which covers the following:
Experienced corporate banking or accounting advisory professional
Track record of engagement with corporate entities and other professional advisors
Ability to analyse financial statements in detail
Understanding of business valuation techniques and typical corporate capital structures
Understanding of insolvency and business recovery
Corporate structuring / re–structuring, mergers and acquisitions
Forensic accounting & investigative techniques
Broad commercial awareness of general economic and sector–specific trends
You will be someone who possesses the following skills:
Proactive and flexible
Communication skills at all levels
Personable and a team player
Excellent customer service
What you'll get in return
As well as a salary of up to GBP91,879, we offer:
Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world discretionary bonus arrangements
25 days annual leave provision
flexible working arrangements
enhanced parental leave arrangements
a free employee assistance programme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up–to–date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.