Consultant, Risk Analytics
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today
Responsible for contributing to the validation of a complex quantitative risk models or capital allocation framework for the Corporation. Understands and resolves complex issues in algorithms, models and other risk measurement frameworks, allocation of capital for performance measurement, or other aspects of risk measurement preferably in credit risk, Compliance risk or Fraud risk with a flavor of AI/ML approach.
- Responsible for validating complex quantitative and/or algorithmic models
- Responsible for resolving complex issues in capital estimation, regulatory reporting, external financial statements or other aspects of risk measurement
- Responsible for quantitative model validations and/or overseeing quantitative analytical processes for risk and/or ensures regular production of analytical work and reports
- Evaluates existing framework in relation to corporate objectives and industry leading practices. Assesses development needs and manages process to achieve desired future state
- Provides technical/theoretical expertise to resolve risk issues and enhance overall risk framework
- Works with other risk teams to ensure that risk management policies/processes and quantitative modeling approaches are consistent
- Ensures that capital modeling and allocation approaches meet both internal corporate needs and regulatory requirements related to prevailing regulatory guidance.
- Works with project management team to track development efforts and resolve issues
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- Acts as subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Conducts preliminary analysis
- Responsible for interaction with different committees and/or management
May be responsible for developing, implementing and administering programs within Risk Management for specific product(s)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts
- Technical and quantitative skills like regression (linear/logistic/multinomial), decision tree, SVM, Naive Bayes, kNN, K-Means, Random Forest etc
- Systems knowledge (e.g. SAS, Matlab, R,Python, Advanced Excel) will be strongly preferred
- Conceptual understanding about AI/ML models and validation techniques
- A PhD or College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required
- Advanced degree in related field (math, statistics, economics) or equivalent career experience preferred.
Banking or similar Industry qualification is preferred.
Working with Us:
Working at Northern Trust goes far beyond just having a job. We encourage our partners to bring their full self to the workplace. Learning how your interests and experience could continue to grow with our longstanding and trusted business is important to us.. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
We hope you’re excited about this new opportunity to develop your career with us.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe together we can achieve greater.
Grow your career and apply today!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.