Manager - Java/Scala/Python - Credit/SPG Desk Strat
Position Title: Fixed Income Strategies Group – Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Fixed Income Division:
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
The Credit Strats team in Mumbai is focused on supplementing the corporate credit business globally by delivering high value business related analytics and associated technology.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the credit cash and derivative products including corporate bonds, cds, indices, options and tranche and will work on contributing to the buildout of analytics and risk reporting to the desk.
The role will involve all aspects of the software life cycle including gathering requirements from the corporate credit traders, design and implementation, all the way through to production roll out. We need flexible candidates who are practical technologists, show excellent problem-solving skills and enjoy all aspects of software development
Specific product knowledge of credit derivatives such as cds/index/options/tranches is not essential but a willingness and ability to learn is a must. The successful candidate will work closely with several global teams within the FID department and, when necessary, interact directly and independent with the business unit and with the Firm’s middleware groups when using their frameworks/software.
- The candidate should have worked as a Credit Strat or involved in development of a Front Office Trading, Risk or Analytics System with an inclination towards learning Products and concepts of Risk and Pricing.
- Completed/Ongoing pursuit of Certification like FRM and CFA is an added advantage.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with Senior Desk Heads and Traders.
- Ability to work in a past paced environment and respond to Trader queries and requests with keen attention to detail.
- Hand’s on experience in developing enterprise systems using Java on Linux/Windows with around 5+ years of development experience. Very good understanding of Java Standard APIs, Collections, Design Patterns and Multithreading.
- Exposure to Scala and KDB+/Q is an added advantage, if not then should be willing to learning Scala and KDB+/Q on the job as the candidate is expected to contribute hand’s on using these technologies.
- Exposure to Python is an added advantage.
- Hand’s on experience in writing shell scripts is desired.
- Exposure to IDEs such as IntelliJ/PyCharm, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, dvcs such as GIT, scheduling tool such as Autosys and JIRA are desired.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Quantitative Discipline from a premier institute.