Analyst, Treasury Back Office
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position:
- Provide Treasury Back Office Transaction processing support to deliver Treasury Back Office services to BASC‘s customers in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies and guidelines, ISO, FRC and local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Provide timely and accurate information on BASC’s customer companies’ information on liquidity status and forecast, debt and foreign currency exposure for decision making at treasury Front Office for depositing, loan draw down and hedging activities.
- Ensure timely and accurate deal confirmation and posting of treasury related transactions including fund transfer, accrual and actual interest, commissions, bank charges, month to month value posting.
- Ensure that service timelines and service quality are met in the delivery of Treasury services.
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Ensure all treasury related transactions are processed in system as per SLA timely and accurately.
- Process automatic and manual bank statement posting.
- Reconcile bank statements and provide unclear bank line items details to responsible parties on monthly basis.
- Perform bank accounts clearing, monitor bank trade accounts in SAP tallied with bank statement.
- Process deal (e.g. depositing, funding, derivatives trading) posting timely and accurately
- Check and verify the trade confirmation in liaison with related parties e.g. bank, treasury Front Office in the region and at Headquarter, finance function of local company, intercompany.
- Process deal settlement (e.g. depositing, funding, derivatives trading) on electronic / paper base accurately on timely basis.
- Check the validity of mark to market valuation report of derivatives trades during month end to perform MTM valuation posting.
- Process accrued interest income and expenses as well as loan commitment fees on monthly basis.
- Process actual interest income and expenses as well as loan commitment fees.
- Process bank service charges.
- Update local bank published exchange rates in SAP system on daily or whenever it is required.
- Process group netting settlement.
- Prepare daily cash management report and FX exposure report accurately on timely basis.
- Prepare weekly/monthly cash position report, FX exposure report and facility report for submission to Headquarter.
- Prepare monthly derivatives reports to BASF SE/ BASC GAR.
- Prepare other Treasury reports in accordance with the local company management and BASF requirements.
- Process treasury related month end closing accurately and timely.
- Continuous monitoring and update of local regulatory requirements and changes on payment settlement and cross border transactions of serviced companies in close corporation of finance functions of BASC Company and treasury Mid Office at regional level and Risk Management function at Headquarter.
- Update treasury policies and guidelines if there is change of country regulation.
Support implementation of treasury related IT projects.
- Support treasury Mid Office in risk control procedure set-up and execution.
- Work closely with BASC quality management.
- Work closely with auditors (internal/external) on the audit activities.
- Ensure compliance to BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, legal and statutory requirements.
- Such other tasks as BASC management and changing business environment may require to be performed.
- Close alignment with BASC AR, ICR, AP, GAR, treasury Front Office, Mid Office and if required bank counterpartiesto deliver customer services timely and accurately.
- Ensure timely delivery of cash management, foreign currency exposure and liquidity planning reports to meettransaction cut-off time defined by banks and internal and external trading partners.
- Ensure timely and accurate positing of treasury positions for financial risk monitoring.
- Maintain and regular update on local regulation on domestic and cross border financial transactions to stay in fullcompliance with banking and financial market regulation.
- Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and accurate customerservice.
- Ensure customer queries are attended to and resolved in a timely, responsible and proactive manner.
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Support Manager to identify, recommend and develop solutions for continuous improvement to streamlineprocesses, increase process efficiency and effectiveness and increase service quality.
- Support knowledge accumulation and knowledge sharing in the team for continuous improvement.
- Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resource, knowledge andexperience.
- Support Manager in error management and lessons learned activities.
- Support Regional and Global projects including GFT Team as and when required.
Frequent Cooperation within BASF Group:
- End users of the local company.
- Other BASC F&A teams.
- Treasury Front Office and Mid Office.
- BASC Quality Management and internal auditors.
- Back Office of BASF internal trading partners at BASF SE and BASF Belgium Coordination Center.
- BASF group companies including joint ventures.
Frequent Contact outside BASF Group:
- Back Office of banks and external trading partners.
- Provide Support to Global and Regional Treasury Projects:
- Cash Management Transformation project.
- Implementation of SAP treasury module TRM in the region.
- Global Payment System project.
- Global Cash Visibility project.
- Diploma/ Degree in finance, accounting or business administration.
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement especially for treasury service delivery will be preferable.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- General understanding of bank accounts, loans, currency exchange, derivatives, cash pooling, netting, treasury operation and risk management.
- Support medium to complex tasks with good understanding of cash flows from operation, investment and financing activities, ability to identify cash flow relevant accounting items and the time dimension of cash flows.
- General understanding of local regulatory requirements on domestic fund transfer, cross-border payment transactions and trading of financial instruments.
- Self-motivation, high service quality orientation and good time management skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, SAP, Lotus Notes.
- Ability to support treasury IT transformation projects.
- Proficiency in English and good communication skills with internal and external counterparties including banks.
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.