Manager, Corporate Tax
Responsible for managing the tax group, including conducting the performance management review process and providing input for staffing and disciplinary actions. Oversees day-to-day operations of the group, as well as plans for short and long term project completion to ensure compliance with relevant tax law. Oversees preparation of tax compliance filings for the Corporations legal entities, as well as filings related to government required tax accounting disclosures. Performs tasks with sensitivity towards identification of potential tax issues. Proactively develops resolutions to the issues and communicates recommendations to management.
- Conducts the performance management review process, and provides input for promotion, disciplinary, career development, and hiring decisions. Ensures that projects are completed accurately and in a timely manner by setting short and long term goals for the group. Prioritizes short and long term project completion, as well as allocation of available resources to ensure project completion.
- Actively ensures that tax group team members have adequate, timely training opportunities either through internal or external methods. Identifies relevant training that addresses areas in which the staff have developmental needs, as well as training that will facilitate the staffs ability to become proficient in new tax legislation or further their current technical skills.
- Manages the completion of all tax compliance for relevant tax jurisdictions for the Corporations legal entities, as well as filings related to government required tax accounting disclosures. Ensures that all applicable laws are applied in a manner that minimizes the Corporations overall tax liabilities. In addition, manages the tax reserve/exposure process for accounting purposes, and communicates recommendations with management.
- Identifies tax issues that may impact the Corporation, and oversees the research to determine overall impact on the Corporation. Recommends steps for resolution and communicates recommendations to management. Ensures that necessary documentation to support the Corporations positions is in place.
- Acts as key contact for various internal and external partners, including business unit partners, internal auditors, external tax/legal firms, and federal/state auditors.
- Proactively drives continuous improvement in the tax group. Identifies potential process improvements and communicates recommendations as well as implementation plans to management.
- Advises management on the effectiveness of the tax technology software used. Identifies and communicates potential improvements and/or changes to management.
Minimum 8 years tax experience in public accounting or industry setting with exposure to corporate tax concepts. Undergraduate degree in relevant field (accounting, finance, economics) required. MST or other advanced degree a plus. CPA certification strongly preferred. Expertise in tax filing compliance and related concepts. Expertise in critical accounting guidance. (An example in the U.S. would be FAS 109 and FIN 48 knowledge and skills.) Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex tax issues. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to adapt to various audiences/constituencies.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.