SF Collateral Management Associate -2
Who we are looking for:
Looking for a Dynamic Candidate, who has a good understanding of equities/Fixed income market, Securitis Lending and borrowing business, collateral management.
The business requires constant interaction with multiple stakeholders namely Trading Desk, Borrowers, Internal teams. Major responsibilities include
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). The successful candidate will report directly into a captive management structure. The position will be responsible for the daily tasks and controls involving securities lending operations, interacting with various offsite and onsite parties.
What you will be responsible for:
- Daily activities include loan and loan return processing, mark to market reconciliations, executing cash movements, monitoring and resolving failing returns, and process exceptions throughout the day.
- Agrees daily collateral margin, coordinates instructions to deliver/receive collateral with brokers and reconciles daily net cash movements for Fed and Euroclear transactions.
- Need to have strong knowledge in Stock borrow lending, Noncash and cash collateral management.
- Release and settle loans on timely fashion to avoid fails.
- Need to have good knowledge in settlements (Equities and fixed income).
- Confirms end of day re-pricing and money movements with brokers and reconciles net cash collateral activity in a timely manner.
- Complete daily EOD balancing, ensuring market activity is correctly reflected in the firm’s books and records (DML).
- Assist in driving various firm and team initiatives including Operational Efficiencies and Controls, improving the risk and control environment and maintaining procedures.
- Develop effective working relationships with all SSGM staff at all levels across all locations.
- Provide appropriate MIS data/feedback as and when requested to support business unit decision making.
- Demonstrate ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in their behavior and encourage an environment of openness and transparency that fuels effective challenge, debate and open discussion.
- Identify and suggest process and control improvements to management to reduce risk on the team.
- Assist with any new projects/new initiatives as directed by management
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good knowledge of Stock Borrow lending and Collateral management
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to analyze investment guidelines and policies to determine testing requirements
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, as well as problem-solving and analytical skills
- Flexible for any shift
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- University degree in Business majoring in Accounting, Finance, or other Financial-related programs
- The overall experience of 4+ years in Securities/Stock borrow lending (Noncash and Cash) or related work.
- Hands-on experience on Tri-party applications and settlement systems like Euroclear, Clearstream, Crest.
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Good knowledge of MS office product.
- Good Analytical Skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to a flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.