Vice President - Client Onboarding
Who we are looking for
State Street Corporation is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, and investment research and trading. With $36.64 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $3.15 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2020, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 38,979 worldwide. In addition, State Street has consolidated total assets of $272.08 billion, consolidated total deposits of $197.51 billion, and consolidated total shareholders' equity of $25.56 billion
Global Market’s COO Organization is the operational infrastructure for Global Markets and consists of Client Service Solutions (CSS) and Operations we are looking for a seasoned strong leader for our Onboarding team in India.
What you will be responsible for
The CSS Onboarding Vice President will be responsible for managing the client onboarding teams across various products supporting all regions in Hyderabad, India, as well as various projects and initiatives that support or enhance onboarding. The role will work closely with the Client Relationship Managers, Trading, and Operations teams to facilitate the onboarding process.
The role is also responsible for driving and executing a variety of technology initiatives and other projects designed to enhance the client onboarding process and client experience. The successful candidate will drive these strategic initiatives through the management of prioritization, development of requirements, and execution of project milestones and deliverable designed to reduce time to onboard our clients leading to shorter times to revenue and better client experience.
- Development, ownership, and management of a controlled, efficient and standardized Client Onboarding process for all SSGM clients and counterparties.
- Advance the current Operating Model through transformation initiatives to improve the process and develop higher performing Client Onboarding teams.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and service levels of the Global Markets Onboarding Teams in India.
- Manage, lead, and develop a team of onboarding professionals.
- Managed multiple project initiatives designed to enhance workflow and reduce risk. Liaise with systems personnel, and key business stakeholders to identify and prioritize systems initiatives designed to improve Global Markets onboarding. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders across business lines to ensure effective contribution to project goals and objectives.
- Partner with CSS global counterparts to implement and maintain a standardized onboarding process for client and counterparty accounts.
- Proactively identify and incorporate best practices ensuring process consistency across onboarding teams ensuring global process standardization of onboarding tasks
- Collaborate with Client Program Office and other teams outside of GM to drive a best in class client onboarding processes
- Continuously identify and implement opportunities to improve service quality and operating efficiency, reduce unit costs, and mitigate relational risk
- Partner with the Business to analyze onboarding results to develop and implement process improvements designed to positively impact client experience
- Lead and be accountable for the various technology initiatives associated with client onboarding.
- Drive process for routine meetings with GM Business Heads and Managers to communicate results and issues
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills coupled with a strong track record of executing against goals
- Superior communication and organization skills supported by a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a global team environment
- Excellent writing, project management, data management, and reporting skills
- Ability to evaluate a detailed workflow process and work with business stakeholders to develop and improve processes, including prioritization and execution of initiatives
- Previous client management and project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills across multiple teams
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced degree or certification relevant to finance and business administration (master’s degree a plus)
- 15+ years onboarding, operations, KYC / AML experience in the financial services industry, and overall understanding of financial products, specifically Global Markets products.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.