Under general direction, oversees the review, interpretation, and dissemination of current and proposed risk policies and procedures. Provides consultation and advice to partners regarding risk mitigation and compliance with a specialized focus on cloud computing implementations. Establishes business development strategies that support the appropriate balance between risk and reward.
- Reviews, disseminates, and interprets policies and procedures. Works to proactively establish and document related policies, procedures and standards within the parameters of any relevant laws and regulations.
- Verifies that activities meet any federal, state and/or local legal and regulatory requirements and regulations and monitors outcomes/risk levels for the organization or assigned area.
- Consults with partners regarding daily decisions that could pose risk and conflict with existing policy, and assist with client negotiations of new and existing business on various issues that may present elements of risk.
- Communicates and provides risk mitigation advice and requirements to managers and appropriate personnel.
- Identifies situations which pose significant risk and guides management in developing policies and/or procedures that create the proper balance between risk and reward.
- Interacts with regulators, internal and external auditors on regulatory topics as needed and appropriate.
- Provides direction and training to more junior staff.8. Serves on internal and external groups to provide and receive advice on industry trends.
Qualifications - External
7 or more years of risk management or compliance experience. Cloud and information security certifications preferred. Knowledge of risk management and strategic goals for the bank's business. Strong knowledge of Cloud strategies, cloud based security practices, regulations, federal, state, and local laws and regulations that impact key cloud activities. Communication and analytical skills are necessary to consult with partners/clients, and analyze information and to develop compliant policies and procedures.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.