Tax Services Manager - National Tax - Family Enterprise Business Services -- Open Location
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile clients by providing a range of business, tax planning and advisory services. Our combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of our ability to assist clients in meeting their business objectives. The Family Enterprise Business Services (FEBS) practice operates within the NTD, and focuses exclusively on advising private, family-owned business enterprises. Most of our clients are multigenerational enterprising families with businesses ranging in size from $100 million to over $3 billion. These businesses play a significant and increasingly important role in our economy and communities and, in so doing, are critical to EY’s efforts to build a better working world. As part of the FEBS team, you will have the chance to help business-owning families identify, define and implement strategies to:
- Grow larger, more valuable businesses
- Secure growth capital for their business while maintaining control
- Successfully transition businesses from older to younger generations
- Obtain liquidity, when needed, for shareholders
As a member of the FEBS practice, you will provide business and financial advisory support to clients on a variety of Business Growth and Company Capitalization engagements. You will employ critical thinking skills to evaluate and analyze company financial information. As you progress, you’ll become a trusted business advisor to your clients while helping organizations grow. You will also benefit from being mentored by nationally recognized professionals, including some of the firm’s most senior talent.
Your key responsibilities
You will focus on providing clients with business, financial advisory and analytical support related to their business growth and capitalization plans. This support will include preparing complex financial models and analyzing the output to help evaluate the financial results and funding requirements of various business growth and development paths (including internal or external growth), financial impact of capital investment in new plant or equipment, investment in R&D or innovation, launching new products lines, or operational efficiency or improvement initiatives to help validate or prioritize capital investment opportunities to fund business growth initiatives. You will also assist clients by providing analytical support for mergers and acquisitions, and recapitalization/refinancing transactions. You will help establish and validate key assumptions being considered relative to business growth initiatives, such as performing company, industry, market, customer and competitor research and analysis.
While supporting business growth or company capitalization plan implementation, you will have the opportunity to work directly with and contribute to the work of the senior team members throughout all phases of growth strategy or company capitalization advice and execution. Activities will also include: drafting memos/reports that include business plans, situation analyses, reports to owners, pitch materials, financing requests and presentations. You will also have the opportunity to assist with analysis of third-party proposals or term sheets related to the purchase or sale of divisions, assets, product lines or financing proposals, and contribute to the development and communication of proposals and advice to current and prospective clients.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Provide high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations
- Demonstrate professionalism; maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
- Contribute to the success of the team: developing thorough understanding of EY methodologies/tools to enhance service delivery, seek opportunities to provide additional services, challenge procedures used in the past and find new approaches
- Possess the ability to work effectively with senior professionals in an engagement team and to help develop staff and other junior professionals by providing effective performance feedback
- Be able to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements, master new tasks quickly and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Accounting or Finance); master’s in Finance or Strategy preferred
- A CPA certification or membership in the bar; or one of the following certifications: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) or Certified Merger and Acquisition Advisor (CM&AA) licenses
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience from working in a corporate development department of a fast-growing, upper-middle-market business, or in supporting operating partners at a private equity firm who are charged with the responsibility of working with the management teams of portfolio companies on the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of revenue growth, profit improvement or corporate development initiatives
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
- Understanding of and experience with business valuation principles
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills; ability to build and edit complex financial models
- Strong analytical, quantitative, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to detail
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Fundamental understanding of business valuation principles and formal business credit training, business valuation training or certification, and/or acquisition training
What we look for:
We are interested in candidates with strong business development, communication and leadership skills, and the ability to work effectively across multiple projects and deadlines. Successful candidates will thrive in an exciting team environment. If you are ready to progress in your career, take ownership of your development and make a measurable difference in both your career and your community, this role is for you.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.