Tax Accountant, International Tax Services, ITTS Standard (Manager)(Multiple Positions)(689443)
Tax Accountant, International Tax Services, ITTS Standard (Manager) (Multiple Positions), Ernst & Young U.S. LLP, New York, NY.
Work on international tax engagements, applying knowledge of US and foreign tax policies to resolve specific multinational client issues. Contribute to client satisfaction by providing timely, integrated and knowledgeable global tax advice including international tax planning, consulting, and compliance. Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies and private equity funds on the tax implications of international operations as well as coordinating U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal worldwide tax strategy. Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex international tax returns. Research tax technical issues and write opinions and tax memos for clients on specific tax issues or tax planning strategies. Consult with clients on tax-efficient structuring of international transactions, effective use of tax treaties, planning related to offshore investments activities and repatriation programs to minimize US and foreign income taxes of our US based multinational clients, minimizing worldwide tax burdens on business transactions and operations, and making effective foreign investments. Required to obtain a CPA, JD or other alternate certifications based on approval from practice leadership within one year from hire date. Manage and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Cultivate business development opportunities.
Full-time employment, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Law, or a related field, and 5 years of post-bachelors, progressive related work experience in income taxation; OR a Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Law, or a related field, and 3 years of related work experience in income taxation.
- Must have 3 years of experience with a mid-size/regional to large-sized/national public accounting firm or law firm.
- Must have 3 years of experience in 4 of the following: applying the complex US and foreign tax concepts to client situations, performing tax compliance and consulting, inbound and outbound transaction consulting, multi-national corporation experience, Operating Model Effectiveness (OME), foreign tax credit planning, and effective tax rate minimization.
- Must have 3 years of experience in international income taxation, including relevant experience with large cross-border transactions involving multinational companies or private equity funds.
- Must have 3 years of experience in supervising teams consisting of at least 2 people on multiple projects and providing direction to team members.
- Requires to travel up to 50% of which 10% may be international to serve client needs.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
This particular position at Ernst & Young in the United States requires the qualified candidate to be a "United States worker" as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor regulations at 20 CFR 656.3. You can review this definition at https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title20-vol3/pdf/CFR-2011-title20-vol3-sec656-3.pdf at the bottom of page 750. Please feel free to apply to other positions that do not require you to be a "U.S. worker".
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.