Assurance Advisor, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, (FSO) (Manager) (Mult. Pos.) (579801)
Assurance Advisor, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, (Financial Services Office) (Manager) (Multiple Positions), Ernst & Young U.S. LLP, Hoboken, NJ.
Provide financial accounting, audit, and advisory services to help clients address accounting and financial reporting issues. Work on a team of professionals to assist in such areas as GAAP conversion, commodities, hedging, and advising companies that are increasing their M&A activity, undertaking an IPO or facing other regulatory or compliance matters. Examine and analyze financial records to prepare financial reports. Assist clients in translating accounting and financial reporting issues into solutions for accounting, reporting, governance and transactions areas. Identify changes leading to accounting and reporting challenges, including regulatory reform, transactions, and/or internal activities.
Manage and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Cultivate business development opportunities.
Full time employment, Monday – Friday, 40-45 hours per week, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Law, Management or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Law, Management, or related field and 4 years of work experience.
- Must have 3 years of experience working at a financial services company serving clients on complex financial accounting matters in the banking and capital markets, insurance or asset management industries
- Must have 2 years of experience in providing financial accounting and advisory services to clients, including two of the following:
- financial statement audit;
- implementing accounting standards;
- finance function transformation;
- quarterly reporting;
- due diligence; or
- improving financial communication.
- Must have 3 years of experience working as a consultant for a public accounting firm with experience serving financial services clients
- Must have 2 years of experience in supervising financial accounting, advisory services or financial audit teams consisting of two or more staff members.
- Must have valid US certified public accountant (CPA) license in the US state for primary work location OR a foreign equivalent license.
- Requires to travel up to 60%, of which 10% may be international, to serve client needs.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
This particular position at Ernst & Young in the United States requires the qualified candidate to be a "United States worker" as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor regulations at 20 CFR 656.3. You can review this definition at https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title20-vol3/pdf/CFR-2011-title20-vol3-sec656-3.pdf at the bottom of page 750. Please feel free to apply to other positions that do not require you to be a "U.S. worker".
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.