Record to Report (R2R) Accountant | Shared Services Finance | Dubai
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
As a member of R2R team – to support the ACCOUNTS Manager / Finance Manager on delivering robust, timely and accurate periodic book closing, timely Preparation of GL schedules for Certification & Substantiation, support an Effective/efficient R2R framework covering Close, Certify & Compliance activities, ensure financial records are correct and support external audit, timely preparation and submission of Standard reporting / Management reports, regular Trial Balance review and Balance Sheet substantiation, provide Commercial and analytical support Explore and support efficiency improvement initiatives by Identifying opportunities of Standardization & Automation of R2R processes.
The job holder constantly interacts with Business Finance & Other MIS team members. The position also interface with other AFSS functions in ensuring quality monthly financials. The jobholder has to understand the front-end process and interface with financial and information databases to ensure accuracy.
Monthly Closing and GL Reviews
- To monitor and control closing of books on a monthly basis with other AFSS teams and ensure recognition of robust financials within the group timelines.
- Work for continuous improvement in monthly closing activities to ensure quality financials for business units.
Balance Sheet substantiation / Trial Balance Reviews
- Carry out detailed review of key automotive accounts in Trial Balance and ensure substantiation of balances appearing against it.
Robust Record to Report process
- Ensure / Support robust R2R process through standardizing the accounting process, regular key account reconciliations improved Fixed Asset management, and improve month-end process & related reporting.
Monthly Standard Management Reports
- To prepare quality monthly management reports as per agreed templates/formats with comments for review with the Finance Manager / AGM Finance.
- Support Business Finance Team in preparation of monthly management & Board packs by submitting standard reports on a timely basis.
Finance Function / Overseas support
- Provide support for overseas entities by reviewing the current processes and sharing best practices and processes in improving the standards.
- To coordinate external Audit of the automotive entity by providing relevant explanations and schedules to Auditors and ensure smooth completion.
- Coordinate with other teams in AFSS and ensure that auditor’s requirements are being provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support standalone FS preparation of Automotive entities in accordance with the governance form Group Finance / Divisional Controlling
About the Requirements
- Professional accounting qualification.
- At least 2 years relevant experience within a large organization.
- Strong Analytical, process oriented, good communication and presentation skills, exposure to ERP. ( Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC
- Should be able to plan and prioritize tasks, persuasive skills, Kaizen attitude, Self-motivated; and a strong team player.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.