Senior Business Analyst
Who we are looking for
The Senior Business Analyst-Officer will work with other AI agile team members through the phases of use-case data exploration and prototyping to the design, implementation and support deployment of the resulting AI services while focusing on financial engineering, quantitative modeling, business/financial/data analysis, project and stakeholder communication.
Why this role is important to us
State Street’s Automation and Artificial Intelligence is a strategic global team. It is formed under direction of management committee of the company. It has the mission to explore, enable and exploit artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision and cognitive computing at scale for countless use cases across Alpha, Global Delivery, Global Advisors, Global Markets, and ERM business lines. The team has a mixed of intelligence technology, quantitative modeling, data science, financial engineering, and software engineering capabilities. The team has built solutions for investment and risk management related domains such as market movement, sentiment analysis, valuation, investment strategy, fund innovation as well as operational and client experience related use cases. This team will engage the business to explore, prototype, and solution use cases while also building out a portfolio of foundational micro services in the State Street’s hybrid cloud.
What you will be responsible for
- Responsible for business stakeholder management including high quality communication and user expectation
- Work with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts on assigned projects to perform thorough business requirement analysis and produce detailed specification and workflow design
- Design business related test cases and implement financial modeling quality assurance
- Coordinate business stakeholders, team members, and partners in USA, China and India to drive seamless execution of deliverables.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Master degree required (preferably in computer science, mathematics, financial engineering or related field)
- Proficient in verbal and written English communication with good understanding of asset management industry from front & middle office practice to back office operation
- 3+ years of working experience in financial industry ideally asset management financial modeling
- 3+ years of hands on experience with business requirement analysis and workflow/process reengineering
- Good financial knowledge of accounting, financial markets, instruments and reference data
- Result driven, detail oriented, candid attitude
Experience in any of the following is highly desirable:
- Hold CPA certification, familiar with international accounting standards
- Passed Charted Financial Analyst (CFA) level 1 or FRM level 1 examination
- Fluent in Mandarin
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.