Excellent opportunity to join a market leading business as Finance Director, also leading the HR and IT functions for this Canterbury based business.
Company is £100m turnover raw material supplier to industrial, manufacturing and construction sectors, and part of a larger group.
My client is a well known / market leading business within its sector, operating as a multi-site provider of raw materials to the industrial, construction and manufacturing sectors. They have received significant investment and are now growing rapidly, with ambitious plans ton continue their growth, and this Finance Director position will play a key strategic role in that journey.
The Finance Director will be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Financial accounting and reporting both within the UK Group.
- Cash flow & working capital management, modelling & reporting.
- Ensuring business control systems are robust & fit for purpose.
- Financial risk management including banking & debt facilities.
- Company Secretarial & insurances.
- Month and year end accounts processes including stock valuation.
- Tax planning & annual budgets.
- Cost analysis & implementing cost reduction initiative.
- Credit control management, policies, procedures & reporting.
- Managing a multi-disciplined team across three UK sites.
- Overseeing of HR & IT functions.
The successful Finance Director will have the following skills and experiences:
- Experience of working within an engineering, distribution, warehousing, manufacturing or trading based business would be ideal.
- A proven track record of achievement within senior level financial management of a business.
- A clear understanding of UK financial practices & legislation including tax and treasury.
- Implementing systems, procedures, and best practice to ensure financial control within businesses.
- Management of a multi-disciplined team.
- Highly computer literate including office & accounts packages; experience or MRP / ERP software would be advantageous.
- Formal academic qualifications in accountancy or business administration.
- Full ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualification
Attractive base salary of £90-120,000 + benefits, dependant on skills and previous experience.