Business Analyst, Officer
Who are looking for
We are looking for experienced Business analyst who has strong capabilities in writing SQL codes, analysing data and creating dashboards.
Why this role is important for us
State Street’s Alpha Services Client Reporting Team offers a full suite of reporting services required by the most sophisticated Investment Managers. We gather data from multiple sources internally and externally from - IBOR, ABOR, performance, market data vendors and client supplied data, which runs through a robust workflow to produce end client reports or provides insights via data visualization. We are a self-service report development team who has taken the initiative to meet the most complex reporting requirements for the entire bank.
What you will be responsible for
- Individual in this role will participate in the design, development and support dashboards and reporting for State Street Alpha Services
- Participate in projects in design, implementation and testing of dashboards/reports. Work with operations, client, and technology to deliver various projects
- Develop data and functional requirements and assist in the creation of related estimates and dashboards/reports using different source applications
- Participate in information delivery and business intelligence strategy sessions
- Complete data analysis, profiling, and data mappings
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources and assist in the data validation process and write queries
- Assist in the development the conceptual/logical data models with appropriate business contexts
- Perform data gap analysis on complex financial data
- Serve as a subject matter expert across the organization and assist users with adhoc dashboard/report construction queries and researching issues on existing data, query tools, and reports
- Ensure project activity is customer focused, results oriented, performance driven, and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve performance
- Support user training, documentation, and rollout
- Maintain effective working relationships with organizational team and clients
- Program in Flash and HTML5 to create and maintain existing dashboards
- Design dashboards and cross connect different components
- Knowledge of State Street Proprietary Dashboard Designer Platform, preferred
- Develop and execute database queries and perform analyses
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, MIS, Information Technology, or related field of study
- 4 years of experience data analysis, dashboard design and development
- Ability to analyze entity-relationship diagrams and logical data models to validate design against requirements
- Ability to write SQL code for strong data analysis through queries, data profiling, and data validation exercises
- Familiarity with financial reporting, business intelligence, and data warehousing principles
- Understanding of BI/reporting tool architecture, functions, and features
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences with excellent facilitation
- Demonstrated excellence in business writing, development of business process flow diagrams, making comparisons regarding current and future processes, and effective communication
- Ability to articulate basic project methodology concepts using either SDLC or Agile
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.