Operations Client Service, AVP
Who we are looking for?
Looking for candidates for the role of Assistant Vice President within USIS Client Service with prior Client Service experience preferred. The role involves both responding to and engaging with the client to solve day to day issues as well as planning for future projects and providing thought leadership as needed. Located in Kansas City MO.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an AVP in Client Service, you will
- Responsible for managing small to medium-sized clients and supporting Vice Presidents or Sr. Vice Presidents with the larger/more complex relationships within the business unit.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and successful long-term relationships of assigned accounts.
- Responsible for managing a team(s) of client relationship employees.
- Relationships individually managed are generally small to medium-sized.
- Begins to focus on strategic aspects of maintaining and growing long-term relationships.
- Ensures superior client satisfaction by acting as an advocate for clients and ensuring client issues are satisfactorily resolved. Proactive identification of client needs and potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction.
- Works closely with internal teams and clients. Facilitates communication between Client Service Operations & other business units to ensure an effective operating environment. Works with senior management keeping them informed of new developments, service issues, and new business opportunities.
- May be responsible for client retention and revenue expansion through existing services and cross sell. Identifies potential barriers to exit through strategic value-added services.
- May be asked to develop and present fee proposals to VP or SVP for review and approval. May negotiate fees on relationships individually managed. Ensures fee schedules are properly implemented, and receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Provides overall project management for client-related initiatives. Acts as a liaison between business units to ensure successful implementation. Manages internal and client expectations.
- Manages conversion/start-up of new client relationships with input/contact from VP or SVP.
- Prepares internal risk and compliance profiles respond to inquiries from client auditors, and periodically reviews client invoices for accuracy.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Skills to succeed would be strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- MYSS experience, excel, recon experience.
- Fast response times to clients’ inquiries. Being able to be the front person leading client meetings/calls
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- 5+ years of Client service preferred.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to a flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.