Team Lead, Prvt Equity Acctng
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Private Equity department has been based in Limerick since 2007. As a member of the Private Equity Department, reporting to a Team Leader within the team, the successful candidate will assist in all aspects of the administration of Private Equity Funds including fund accounting, transfer agency and financial reporting. The Private Equity team consists of a team of 31 dynamic partners and continues to grow. Our clients include some of the most highly successful Private Equity houses globally. We use best-in-breed systems and cutting edge technology to deliver excellent service to our clients. Recently Northern Trust was named Global Private Equity Fund Administrator of the Year by the Global Investor Group.
This position has arisen in our Limerick office due to growth and expansion of the Private Equity Department. The successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring that the allocated clients are provided with a high end, timely and effective service. This service will be completed in accordance with the client’s needs and the policies and procedures of the Company. The objective of the role is to pick up an existing client list and become proficient in providing an end to end fund administration function to the existing high standards synonymous with department
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of the valuations and/or consolidated calculations for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Preparation of the financial statements for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management
- Conduct all required bookkeeping tasks
- Prepare accounts reporting pack
- Ensure all relevant filings on behalf of the Company/Fund are completed accurately and on time
- Prepare management accounts
- Daily client management, review and maintain calls/distributions/shareholders information
- Progress to completion the audit process for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Preparation & collation of reports for board packs
- Fulfil additional, relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
- The ideal candidate will be a part-qualified accountant/finalist and will have previous experience in a busy accounting environment.
- They will have a track record in demonstrating knowledge of debits and credits, will have Financial Statements production.
- They will be a team player, customer-centric, have excellent attention to detail, positive attitude, enthusiasm, natural ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and have good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel and Word
- A track record of excellent attention to detail
- A track record in optimising system use and automating processes where possible.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.