Derivatives Senior Manager, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Directly Responsible for Derivatives Group(s) servicing clients headed by Derivatives Managers, therefore, require strong staff management and client servicing skills as well as relevant industry experience.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Derivatives Senior Manager you will
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients.
- Assume senior managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the assign team(s) in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client-specific projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provide timely updates on issues to Krakow & Gdansk site governance and carry out necessary corrective action
- Manage on-going relationships with the goal of meeting / exceeding service delivery standards.
- Work to broaden scope of services in Poland to support overall DCOE global strategy.
- Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations.
- Evaluate current methods and strategies. Communicate and manage implementation of changes and improvements.
- Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas.
- Responsible for the direction and development of subordinate managers at all levels as well as staff.
- Resolve employee complaints and escalations.
- Evaluate subordinate managerial performance.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure that regular team and 1:1 meetings are conducted across your organization
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Confident in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication;
- Organizational and Report Writing skills; Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business-related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Display organizational insight & influence
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Develop talent
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ years of managerial experience (operations and financial services). Experience in managing large teams and operations servicing multiple clients a must.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Professional accounting or financial qualification and/or Master’s degree a plus.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.