Corporate Tax Manager
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
Managing direct taxes for all Northern Trust entities within the EMEA region. Working as part of a team and reporting to the Head of Tax, EMEA, the successful candidate will have exposure to all aspects of Northern Trust’s business in the region. The role will also include liaising with external advisors in various locations and local tax authorities.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Produce tax computations, returns and tax payments for the EMEA region, in accordance with local tax legislation and filed within deadlines. This will include liaising with external advisers and auditors.
- Manage the monthly and annual tax provision processes for US group reporting purposes, including liaising with finance colleagues and auditors to ensure that the tax obligations of the group are accurately reflected in the general ledgers.
- Ensure that the EMEA region statutory tax provisions are accurate and complete, including review of tax notes and tax provisions and ensuring working papers accurately reflect positions taken.
- Liaising with the US tax team to support the filing of the US tax return in relation to EMEA region.
- Manage compliance in respect of withholding tax requirements.
- Technical analysis of developments within the EMEA region to ascertain the potential impact of changes to the Northern Trust within the EMEA region.
- Assist with tax governance compliance including senior accounting officer.
- Drive efficiencies through technology and partnering with the finance and US tax teams.
- Supporting the Head of Tax, EMEA with respect to planning, corporate initiatives and liaising with tax authorities and trade bodies.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Irish tax technical knowledge and international tax experience including specialist tax knowledge in relation to financial services.
- Professional tax or accounting qualification (e.g. CTA, Chartered Accountant).
- Practical experience of applying tax laws of other countries.
- Detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and takes ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams and partner with people at all levels within the organisation, including coaching of junior staff.
- Previous in house experience would be useful but not essential.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to communicate, collaborate and consult with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on complex tax concepts and analysis.
- Ability to operate independently while being open to and helping drive continual growth and improvement.
Working with Us
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
- We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.