Manager - Regulatory Reporting Development Team
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Regulatory Reporting Control and Operations team, within Bank of Ireland Group Finance, is responsible for reporting prudential and statistical information to the Group's various Regulators and Supervisors. We are a professional, proactive & dynamic team and we engage with colleagues in all key functions such as business, finance, risk and treasury to ensure the accuracy of our returns.
An exciting opportunity to join the Regulatory Reporting Development team, a sub team within RRCO, who are responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial information for new or non-scheduled requests from supervisors and other governing bodies (e.g. CBI, ECB, EBA).
The team is also responsible for a number of high profile deliveries to the market for example; the Group's Pillar 3 Disclosure, as well as the delivery of complex regulatory returns involving significant data analysis and aggregation.
Purpose of the Role
The primary objective of this role is to support the development and delivery of the current and new regulatory reports to the highest of standards.
- Lead or support the design & delivery of reporting solutions for new and ad-hoc reporting, engaging relevant stakeholders and functions.
- Establish and maintain the control framework for relevant returns covering; interpretation of Reporting requirements / Basis of Preparation / Process Documentation.
- Challenge reporting solutions and data sources and drive process improvement.
- Proactive Data Analysis and Interrogation and looking to solve data quality issues.
What is the opportunity
You will work with a dynamic & supportive team, in a professional and friendly environment. Working closely with colleagues in our specialist reporting teams your work will help to ensure that the Group meets its regulatory obligations, while also providing you with the opportunity to gain essential business & regulatory insights which will help develop your career and open up future opportunities.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
- Qualification in a Finance or Risk discipline with significant experience within the financial services industry.
- Strong experience and knowledge in the area of regulatory reporting, global financial markets and banking products.
- Strong communication skills and adept at establishing professional credibility at all levels within the business and across the Group.
- High energy, bias for action, drive for results, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence;
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proficient in SAS.
- Demonstrated experience of leading delivery of complex regulatory information or MI using large datasets.
- Strong interpretative and analytical skills with the ability to constructively challenge both outputs and processes.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability manage a range of competing priorities and tight delivery timelines.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience working with the Group's Credit Risk data;
- Relevant academic qualification and business experience;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Ownership and integrity;
- Effective drive and enthusiasm;
- Ability to deliver change and improve current processes.
- Accountable - People Manager
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- Amplify Capability - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.